ANNOUNCEMENT: Delta Burke 2011 (11/11-12)

Old college threads.
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

ANNOUNCEMENT: Delta Burke 2011 (11/11-12)

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Okay, so since this tournament is in seven days, this is sort of a pro forma announcement, but the people who come to this, with the exception of Chipola, don't inhabit this board anyway. But I thought I'd put this up to let people know who's coming and what's going down.

We'll begin play around 6:30 on Friday the 11th and start again on Saturday the 12th at 9 sharp. Should be wrapped up by 1:30 pm or so.

I've tried to make sure the questions are even easier than last year, but I've probably failed, as usual. They'll end up a tad too hard for half of my field, and a tad too easy for the top teams at the mirrors. So it goes. Scatological references seem to be much reduced (maybe even by 90%), but not necessarily eliminated (ha!), and there may still be a tiny amount of Republican bashing and other commentary in bonuses that apparently could horrify HS teams/coaches and make them quit quiz bowl forever, so be forewarned.

Field:
Valencia (3)
Brevard (2)
NW FL (2)
Seminole
Central Florida (3) (note: not UCF, but CF from Ocala)
Gateway
Indian River
Chipola (2)
Broward (2)
Lake Sumter
North FL
South Georgia (?)
Mercer
South FL (2) (note: not USF, but SF from Avon Park)
Gulf Coast
Manatee (1-2)
Pasco (3)
FSC-Jax

Mirrors should receive questions on Friday the 11th by noonish, insh'allah.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Delta Burke 2011 (11/11-12)

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Chipola Blue, led by Paul Kelson, whomped Valencia Red in the Delta Burke final 505-95. What is that, like six years in a row that has been the final match-up and result? Sheesh!

But seriously, congrats to Stan Young and Chipola, who are good players and people. And thanks to Stan, who will put up stats later.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
sychipola
Lulu

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Delta Burke 2011 (11/11-12)

Post by sychipola »

Stan Young, Chipola College