Plan Rubber wrote:Is there any word on mirror locations and stuff for this?
Cheynem wrote:To quote my friend Maurice Ravel:
The Quest for the Historical Mukherjesus wrote:We'll show up to this, but for the record the packet deadlines are far too early.
The Hub (Gainesville, Florida) wrote:I'm really sorry to post here yet again, but it's now been 3 weeks since somebody first asked if there were going to be any mirrors of this tournament. We are now about a month away from the tournament itself, and 2.5 weeks away from the final packet deadline. I'm going to be very upfront and say that while I wouldn't be able to travel all the way to Maryland, I really want to play this set, because it is apparently the only good quizbowl event in the month of December, and because I don't know if I'll be able to play another tournament before SCT due to Winter Break and some various other things.
The Hub (Gainesville, Florida) wrote:Is there simply nobody in the Midwest or South (not to mention everywhere else!) who has expressed interest in mirroring TIT at this time?
Batsteve wrote:Due to my inability to secure mirrors, and the relatively small number of packets submitted to this tournament, it is being postponed until the Spring. Pending final discussion with the Maryland leadership, the target date is May 5th.
Matt Weiner wrote:Batsteve wrote:Due to my inability to secure mirrors, and the relatively small number of packets submitted to this tournament, it is being postponed until the Spring. Pending final discussion with the Maryland leadership, the target date is May 5th.
Hey, is this still happening? On May 5? Is there going to be an announcement/discount schedule for packets?
Fortitudo Bologna wrote:Yeah, this is still happening, I think, but not on May 5.
RyuAqua wrote:Before May 12, we have a full schedule of tournaments. Once we get to May 12, more and more teams have left school for the year or started taking final exams, making packet submission and last-minute question wrangling chatoic. After May 12, HSNCT, NSC, and NASAT all come up quickly as things that would take players out of the field. Furthermore, teams have little reason or desire to play events after both Nationals effectively end the season. Perhaps it makes sense to convert this to an early-summer open tournament, a la ANGST last year, in late June or early July. (I'd play it.) Otherwise, it's time to just admit it's time to cancel this.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest