This event will consist of Mike Cheyne-style speed-check tossups (i.e. approximately 3-4 lines in length before powermarking) about non-video games (see "distribution" below) and is intended to be played shootout style. I am aiming for a total of about 60 tossups, but this number could vary a little depending on how much I am able to write in the next 3 weeks.
The distribution can include any or all of the following:
- Board games (examples include both traditional games such as Monopoly and "game store" games like Settlers of Catan)
- Card games (includes games that can be played with a traditional deck of cards, specialty card games like Skip-Bo, Collectible Card Games, etc.)
- Other miscellaneous games (e.g. party games, sports that aren't really physical sports like billiards)
- Games in other trash subjects (e.g. films about games, games played in tv shows, and even video games about non-video games)
- Elements of and entities relating to any of the above
Some questions will be difficult/mildly vanity and the tournament will inevitably skew towards games that I have played/like, but there should be enough accessible content for a non-serious gamer to have fun. All questions will have powers (
Some playable portion of this tournament, if not the whole thing, will be ready for the last weekend in August (this event is intended for play at whatever event McMaster will be hosting in lieu of Jeff Goldblum this year)
None. This side event will be made freely available for any tournaments in early fall that want it. If you want to mirror this, just drop me an email and I'll be happy to send it to you.
edit: My email is "my user name" at "the free email service from Google" dot com.