Illinois '08-'09

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Re: Illinois '08-'09

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

If it's only 12 team's I'd imagine a full round robin is in order.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
JackGlerum
Tidus

Post by JackGlerum »

Jeremy Gibbs Free Energy wrote:If it's only 12 team's I'd imagine a full round robin is in order.
I wish. I think it's something lame like 8 total with 5 guaranteed.
rjaguar3
Rikku

Post by rjaguar3 »

Jeremy Gibbs Free Energy wrote:If it's only 12 team's I'd imagine a full round robin is in order.
11 Illinois-format rounds would cause the tournament to run to 8:00pm.

It's the format's fault.
Greg (Vanderbilt 2012, Wheaton North 2008)
Stained Diviner
Auron

Post by Stained Diviner »

It will be PACE format, which is also long.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)

Tiger Bowl was an 11 round long tournament on this exact set that if I recall correctly was done by 5.
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Siverus Snape
Rikku

Post by Siverus Snape »

Unfortunately, the 10-12 round tournaments that have been run in Illinois recently have run into some serious lateness problems, and we really don't want that to be the case. Provided it's okay with the Loyola people, I don't see why we can't play one or two post-tournament rounds for fun, considering we've paid for the packets. This would probably be the perfect time to do that players v. moderators/coaches/what have you game.
Siva Sundaram, Rockford Auburn High School '09
Dan-Don
Yuna

Post by Dan-Don »

Does anyone know when the Seeding Meetings commence/end?
Dan Donohue, Saint Viator ('10), Northwestern ('14), NAQT
Stained Diviner
Auron

The Seeding Meeting times are set by the hosts. They should all be over by now, though. I have nothing to report, since I didn't attend one. (My co-coach Ms. Gerhardt did.)
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
mlaird
Tidus

Post by mlaird »

The Maine South Sectional:

1. New Trier
2. Loyola
3. Maine South
4. Fenwick
5. OPRF
6. St. Ignatius (I think?)
7. Maine East
8. Schaumburg
Irreligion in Bangladesh
Auron

Post by Irreligion in Bangladesh »

Huskie Bowl stats are up in the tourney thread. If you played for Auburn A, Byron, Lisle, Maine South, or St. Viator, check out the stats post because there are some missing stats you can help us with.
Brad Fischer
Head Editor, IHSA State Series
IHSSBCA Chair

Winnebago HS ('06)
Northern Illinois University ('10)
Assistant Coach, IMSA (2010-12)
Coach, Keith Country Day School (2012-16)
Stained Diviner
Auron

Loyburn is considering two schedules. The morning will consist of five round robin matches in two divisions. If the morning moves quickly, they would finish out the round robin in the afternoon. If not, then they would use some form of playoff divisions.
David Reinstein
Irreligion in Bangladesh
Auron

Post by Irreligion in Bangladesh »

What's this about Maine South taking down Loyola in the Bloodstone Brawl?
Brad Fischer
Head Editor, IHSA State Series
IHSSBCA Chair

Winnebago HS ('06)
Northern Illinois University ('10)
Assistant Coach, IMSA (2010-12)
Coach, Keith Country Day School (2012-16)
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

Post by Maxwell Sniffingwell »

styxman wrote:What's this about Maine South taking down Loyola in the Bloodstone Brawl?
Whaaaat?
Greg Peterson

Northwestern University '18
Lawrence University '11
Maine South HS '07

"a decent player" - Mike Cheyne
David Riley
Auron

Post by David Riley »

Sad but true.....we had an early lead, but Andrew was on fire last night. I should point out that this was IHSA distribution, and we are math impaired, as you know....final score was something like 365-320. Maine South was and is a worthy adversary.
David Riley
Coach Emeritus, Loyola Academy, Wilmette, Illinois, 1993-2010
Steering Committee, IHSSBCA, 1996 -
Member, PACE, 2012 -

"This is 1183, of course we're barbarians" -- Eleanor of Aquitaine in "The Lion in Winter"
JackGlerum
Tidus

Post by JackGlerum »

At Loyburn, Auburn, New Trier, and Carbondale had a circle of death that was decided by points per game--they finished in that order.
jakestouffer
Lulu

Post by jakestouffer »

I would like to congratulate everyone associated with the Loyburn invite yesterday for hosting a wonderful tournament. The PACE format is a really exciting format, and I hope that more teams in Illinois get a chance to play with it in the near future.

My team being the weakest there (by far, I'd say!) was both a humbling experience and an eye-opening one. Not to demean our conference or the IHSA format (cough) but there was SUCH a high level of competition that my kids were shell-shocked from the get-go. The positives will hopefully outweigh the negatives in the long run, but I think that my kids can see that we have improved as the season has gone along.

Do we match up with the top teams in the state? Nope. But I want to thank every team that we played for being great competitors and not pulling too many punches throughout the match. I especially want to thank Auburn for the professionalism they displayed during our match. These kids are a class act, period. Also a big thank you to Linda Greene, Bruce Fitzgerald, and David Riley for helping me with suggestions for my team.

And if you ask me (which no one does) I think that pyrimidial questions are the way to go. And my team would only get better by having them read all of the time. A wider base of knowledge is always better than a narrow one.

Take care, all!

Jake

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up!! They showed professionalism!! Early morning+sinus meds=bad news bears.
Last edited by jakestouffer on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maxwell Sniffingwell
Auron

Post by Maxwell Sniffingwell »

jakestouffer wrote:gamesmanship
I'm pretty sure that's not the word you want, Jake, but it's absolutely great to see a team that's new to this stuff falling in favor of pyramidal questions and, well, good rules. If you need any more suggestions on how to help your team improve, here's the right place.
Greg Peterson

Northwestern University '18
Lawrence University '11
Maine South HS '07

"a decent player" - Mike Cheyne
mlaird
Tidus

Post by mlaird »

Stats for Loyburn '09 are now posted. Thanks for a great tournament. I don't think there has been a tournament with so many teams at this level of competition in IL in a long time. Special thanks to Carolyn Gerhardt from New Trier with her help on stats in the afternoon.

The PPG and PPTUH are slightly off for individuals, since I simplified stat keeping by splitting the rounds into 1/3s instead of typing 6/22 and 8/22 for the different size halves. This means that almost everyone who subbed out at some point has a different number of TUH than they actually heard. It's pretty close to what it should be, however. Let me know of any glaring statistical errors that I missed.

EDIT: To explain what happened with Loyola B, C and Richmond-Burton: Richmond-Burton had let the TDs know previously that they would have to leave early, and so they left during lunch, and Loyola C was rolled into Loyola B in order to preserve the Round Robin.
Geringer
Rikku

Post by Geringer »

mlaird wrote:I don't think there has been a tournament with so many teams at this level of competition in IL in a long time.
The field at Loyburn was a cut above any other tournament I've ever played in. Never before have I had the chance to be destroyed and demoralized by Auburn, New Trier, Carbondale, Stevenson, and Loyola on the same day. If BG had been there, it would have been more horrific for us. Dan's going to kill me for saying all this, but you guys are the real deal.

On a side note, did the Religion questions seem DON'T TALK ABOUT SPECIFIC QUESTIONS FROM THIS SET --the mgmt

(Don't get me wrong, the questions were great altogether. Props to the tournament directors for the great day and the copius amounts of pizza. First post, too. :party:)
R. Jeffrey Geringer
Saint Viator '09
Illinois '13, '14
JohnAndSlation
Wakka

Post by JohnAndSlation »

SaveComputationalMath wrote:redacted
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember that being terribly unusual. I actually don't remember getting much religion that DON'T TALK ABOUT SPECIFIC QUESTIONS FROM THIS SET --the mgmt
Brigette Demke, ex-Maine South
Siverus Snape
Rikku

Post by Siverus Snape »

Well, usually when it comes to questions with as much quality and depth as these, there's plenty of DON'T TALK ABOUT SPECIFIC QUESTIONS FROM THIS SET --the mgmt when it comes to the religion questions. I can't say without looking at the questions whetherDON'T TALK ABOUT SPECIFIC QUESTIONS FROM THIS SET --the mgmt, but it would be unusual if it were the case.
Siva Sundaram, Rockford Auburn High School '09
Dan-Don
Yuna

Post by Dan-Don »

jakestouffer wrote:I especially want to thank Auburn for the professionalism they displayed during our match. These kids are a class act, period.
I'd like to extend that to every team at the tournament. All the teams that destroyed us did so with courtesy and respect. Thank you.
SaveComputationalMath wrote:The field at Loyburn was a cut above any other tournament I've ever played in. Never before have I had the chance to be destroyed and demoralized by Auburn, New Trier, Carbondale, Stevenson, and Loyola on the same day. If BG had been there, it would have been more horrific for us. Dan's going to kill me for saying all this, but you guys are the real deal.
Jeff, why would I kill you for saying that? We got absolutely shellacked on Saturday. When Siva, Ben, Tony, Zach, and Joe are on, they're on. Period.
Save ComputationalMath wrote:On a side note, did the Religion questions seem DON'T TALK ABOUT SPECIFIC QUESTIONS FROM THIS SET --the mgmt

(Don't get me wrong, the questions were great altogether. Props to the tournament directors for the great day and the copius amounts of pizza. First post, too. :party:)
I'm glad to see you make your first post, Jeff. (Jeff is one of my Viator teammates.) Not so glad to see you've already gotten in trouble with the admins. I guess these questions haven't been cleared for discussion yet, eh?
Charley Pride
Rikku

Post by Charley Pride »

I don't know what was said, but my only problem with religion questions are that they might punish someone for having too much knowledge. When I approach Islam questions, sometimes I have to put myself in the shoes question writer, especially when the clues are slightly misleading, but only to an adherent. I've seen at least one other person express this concern. I guess there's no way to fix this other than more careful editing.

I concur with everyone else that the field and the tournament in general were both superb. The question set was pretty good, though the missing science from the category quiz annoyed me a bit.
Zahed Haseeb

Auburn High School 2010
University of Chicago 2014
at your pleasure
Auron

Post by at your pleasure »

Out of couriousty, could you post examples of (cleared) religion questions you felt were misleading or puinished knowledge? I'm just curious and would like to know what to avoid when writing religion questions.
That said, I do sometimes have "how is that leadin material?" moments when I hear question on Jewish stuff(the question at NNT that had something about counting the omer as the leadin comes to mind). However, I suspect that this sort of feeling is at least partially the common "If I know it, it's easy" fallacy.
Douglas Graebner, Walt Whitman HS 10, Uchicago 14
"... imagination acts upon man as really as does gravitation, and may kill him as certainly as a dose of prussic acid."-Sir James Frazer,The Golden Bough

http://avorticistking.wordpress.com/
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

Anti-Climacus wrote:I'm just curious and would like to know what to avoid when writing religion questions <sic> However, I suspect that this sort of feeling is at least partially the common "If I know it, it's easy" fallacy.
I think, without going into details, that you run into this situation:

Someone who is not of religion "X" writes a question about something that they may not have intimate knowledge of, but have checked sources. However, inadvertently, the leadin is not uniquely identifying. To a member of religion "X", it sure seems uniquely identifying, and buzzes in, while someone not of religion "X" is still clueless and waits.

I read two religion questions in this set that, based on who was buzzing in and their reactions, that they felt the question was more "hose" than "easy leadin". In both cases, the players buzzed quickly with very confident answers, and in both cases were bewildered that their answers weren't acceptable. I suspect that the hosing was not intentional, and was more a lack of intimate knowledge about the subject that prevented the writer from writing a uniquely identifying leadin.

Having said that, I could be wrong ... maybe there was nothing wrong with the question, and it was just two bad buzzes.
at your pleasure
Auron

Huh. I thought that the question worked in the opposite way-the leadin seemed uniquely identifying, but it is not, and the member of the religion who knew other possible answers and was waiting for the question to rule them out( or is thinking “how is this hard enough to be a leadin” is beaten by someone who knows the most famous instance-in other words, the same problem that a terrible question on Mount Rushmore that uses Glutzon Borglum as the lead-in would have
I don't think this discussion can go a whole lot further until the set is cleared.
"... imagination acts upon man as really as does gravitation, and may kill him as certainly as a dose of prussic acid."-Sir James Frazer,The Golden Bough

Charley Pride
Rikku

Post by Charley Pride »

I was thinking along the lines of Mr. Egan, but I think it goes both ways. Sometimes it might seem uniquely identifying, other times it won't. Perhaps the most common confusion I see, and this happens in multiple sets, is when a Ramadan tossup is written like a fasting tossup.

Maybe I'm just splitting hairs for no reason, but this is the quickest example I could find from an old ACF set:

History — World
He is said to have smashed the pagan idols in the Ka'bah when the Meccans accepted Islam, to have impersonated Muhammad when the Prophet fled to Medina from his assassins, and to have compiled the first chronologically-arranged version of the Qur'an. The Battle of the Camel followed his refusal to prosecute the murderers of his predecessor 'Uthman, and he was assassinated in 661 after losing control of Egypt. Snubbed for the first caliphate in favor of Abu Bakr, FTP, who is this husband of Fatimah and fourth caliph considered by Shi'ites as the only true successor to Muhammad?
Answer: 'Ali Ibn Abu Talib

I would neg super hard on the first clue with "Muhammad", because it applies to him as well, and Muslims know Muhammad far better for this incident, not Ali. The second clue obviously rules my answer incorrect and is uniquely identifying. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always thought that the first clue in every tossup should be uniquely identifying. So maybe I worded my original statement incorrectly when I said they "punish" the player. Is my philosophy off here?
Zahed Haseeb

Auburn High School 2010
at your pleasure
Auron

That just looks like a bad tossup-aside from the aforementioned issue; it's rather short and becomes "this is an early Muslim leader" really, really quickly. And really, how many early Muslim leaders can you toss up anyways?
I personally would have sat on that clue (since "he smashed the idols in the kaaba" is much too famous to be a lead-in for Muhammad). However, I think that any knowledgeable moderator would have simply taken such an answer, and if the question had to be protested any competent TD would have simply given the protester the points.
I was thinking along the lines of Mr. Egan, but I think it goes both ways. Sometimes it might seem uniquely identifying, other times it won't. Perhaps the most common confusion I see, and this happens in multiple sets, is when a Ramadan tossup is written like a fasting tossup.
I am curious about the Ramadan/fasting issue.

Charley Pride
Rikku

Post by Charley Pride »

Anti-Climacus wrote:Ramadan/fasting issue.

To put it in the fewest words possible, you don't "practice" Ramadan. Or even take part in it. If you phrase a question like that, you're asking for a neg on "fasting" or "sawm". I'm sure Jewish/Hindu/Buddhist/Christian/etc. questions will have the same effect in some cases.
Zahed Haseeb

Auburn High School 2010
at your pleasure
Auron

To put it in the fewest words possible, you don't "practice" Ramadan. Or even take part in it. If you phrase a question like that, you're asking for a neg on "fasting" or "sawm". I'm sure Jewish/Hindu/Buddhist/Christian/etc. questions will have the same effect in some cases.
I don't care what religion is being written about, calling a holiday a practice is just bad question writing. Like a hypothetical question on "passover" that spend the first half talking about the seder but does not include that as a acceptable alternative answer.

cdcarter
Yuna

Post by cdcarter »

Anti-Climacus wrote:
I don't care what religion is being written about, calling a holiday a practice is just bad question writing. Like a hypothetical question on "passover" that spend the first half talking about the seder but does not include that as a acceptable alternative answer.
That's...what he said!
Christian Carter
Minneapolis South High School '09 | Emerson College '13
PACE Member (retired)
David Riley
Auron

Post by David Riley »

On behalf of Ms. Greene and myself, thank you for all of the compliments re Loyburn. I had a lot of fun, and we hope to continue this tournament, alternating between Auburn and Loyola. And we'll try and avoid a Valentine's Day weekend.

I loved the questions, and also the variety of the format--I didn't even mind rebounds! The pace kept the tournament moving and we were able to do a ten-match round-robin and finish before 5pm (which one could never do with Illinois format).

And welcome, Jeff! [SILENT Jeff? Boggles the mind :grin: ]
David Riley
Member, PACE, 2012 -

"This is 1183, of course we're barbarians" -- Eleanor of Aquitaine in "The Lion in Winter"
BGSO
Tidus

Post by BGSO »

Feb 14, 2009 Walter Payton Invitational (HS) Walter Payton College Prep Jack Bowen

:w-hat: ?
David Garb-
Buffalo Grove High School '09
UIUC-'13

Former member of the most dysfunctional scholastic bowl team in Illinois.
(11:23:30 PM) garb: Wait, are you talking about the porn or the reeses?
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

BGSO wrote:Feb 14, 2009 Walter Payton Invitational (HS) Walter Payton College Prep
This is an intriguing development. I also see that WP is going to be at NAQT State. The school has a pretty good rep .... I would like to see what their team is capable of.
mlaird
Tidus

Post by mlaird »

BGSO wrote:Feb 14, 2009 Walter Payton Invitational (HS) Walter Payton College Prep Jack Bowen
Apparently they used IS #83. I wonder if it was an intramural to decide who was going to play at Fenton on the 7th. I know none of us were invited, so it couldn't have been much of an invitational. Either that or it was all Chicago Public Schools. In which case, awesome.
mark vigil
Kimahri

Post by mark vigil »

Who won masonic regionals?
Really not good enough to be posting on this board
BGSO
Tidus

Post by BGSO »

David Garb-
UIUC-'13

Dresden_The_BIG_JERK
Tidus

Post by Dresden_The_BIG_JERK »

Does anybody know anything about the Peotone program?
BJ Houlding

Winnebago '04
Saint Joseph's College '08
IHSSBCA Certified Moderator
Tegan
Coach of AHAN Jr.

Post by Tegan »

Dresden The Moderator wrote:Does anybody know anything about the Peotone program?
They won their Regional last year. This year they were undefeated prior to meeting Lisle.
David Riley
Auron

Post by David Riley »

Good luck to everyone at Masonic State on Saturday!
David Riley
Member, PACE, 2012 -

the return of AHAN
Auron

Post by the return of AHAN »

Does anyone have Varsity and Frosh/Soph Mid-Suburban League results from Tuesday? I thought the BG folks would've put up something by now, as I know I would have if my own team had been playing in it.
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

Hey, are there any Illinois teams going to Truman Bowl I on the 21st of March? It's going to be at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri, and I definitely think that the inclusion of some out of state teams would make things interesting, especially because Truman State's not that far from Illinois. Plus, it would be nice to see some new competition.

Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
dtaylor4
Auron

Post by dtaylor4 »

Charbroil wrote:Hey, are there any Illinois teams going to Truman Bowl I on the 21st of March? It's going to be at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri, and I definitely think that the inclusion of some out of state teams would make things interesting, especially because Truman State's not that far from Illinois. Plus, it would be nice to see some new competition.

Given that this is the day after IHSA State, I wouldn't bank on many teams.
Kanga-Rat Murder Society
Wakka

Post by Kanga-Rat Murder Society »

Woody Paige wrote:Does anyone have Varsity and Frosh/Soph Mid-Suburban League results from Tuesday? I thought the BG folks would've put up something by now, as I know I would have if my own team had been playing in it.
Fremd beat us 190-181 for the varsity title, while Rolling Meadows beat Fremd for Frosh/Soph.

Neither David nor I posted results because we were both extremely frustrated with the match, and in particular the questions. It was probably the most "Bryce-less" packet that I can remember. It was clear that he made the history very hard for the championship, but he definetly took it too far. The history toss-ups were certainly harder than any other set that I have ever played (actually they were at about the level of the afternoon at New Trier). The history bonus difficulty was even worse. I am pretty decent at history and Alex is awesome at it. Over the course of the match, we never got more than five on a history bonus. Fremd did not get a single point on a history rebound. The lit was also very tough, as I do not think anybody got more than ten on a lit bonus (except for the one Fremd got, where they got two parts and we got the other two on the rebound). The two subjects that were spared the bonus difficulty issues were math and science. Fremd got basically all their points by getting a math tossup and a science bonus or vice versa. It seemed that these two subjects usually were paired together. All of these factors led to Fremd winning, despite the fact that they did not get a single toss-up in history or lit (I think).

That said, Fremd and in particular Arjun are awesome at math and science. I would be very surprised if they lost to Carmel, even though Carmel is seeded higher.

I saw the second half of the Frosh/Soph Championship and got the distinct impression that Fremd was the better team. Meadows dominated the second half score wise, but they got all of their points off Geography, Math, and Science, and none of their buzzes were impressive. Fremd had a couple of impressive buzzes and more importantly answered the only questions that were of vrsity difficulty.
Nicholas Bergeon
UW-Madison '12
WUSTL Law'15
the return of AHAN
Auron

Post by the return of AHAN »

Nick,
Sorry about your defeat. I know it's frustrating dealing with Fremd in a distribution that tilts towards math, because they become much tougher to beat. I've got seriously gifted math kids who just can't quite match their computational speed, usually lagging by just a fraction of a second, but they don't give us points for that. I know when we defeated them at frosh/soph round #6(2nd time in 3 tries), the only Math TU points we scored were off a rebound where a player failed to give her x-intercept as an ordered pair, as prompted. Not surprisingly, when they played the D&GT on an NAQT A set and house-written bonuses that didn't include a single math bonus, Fremd was a frustrated also-ran. You can argue this means their math skill makes them superior (sorry, but I ain't conceding science to them) at scholastic bowl, or that our teams are better suited to that so-called "national quizbowl" format. Whatever.
In any event, I tip my cap to the new champs of the MSL, Fremd & Rolling Meadows! Congrats to Coach Palmer and Coach Meyer!
Jeff Price
Barrington High School Coach (2021 & 2023 HSNCT Champions, 2023 PACE Champions, 2023 Illinois Masonic Bowl Class 3A State Champions)
Barrington Station Middle School Coach (2013 MSNCT Champions, 2013 & 2017 Illinois Class AA State Champions)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BGSO
Tidus

Post by BGSO »

Well, the issue wasn't as much their math speed, we took 1 or 2 of 6. It was the fact that of the 6/6 math distribution all 6 math were answered. While 2 history were answered, 1 or 2 lit, 1fine arts. That's where the questions went wrong.
David Garb-
UIUC-'13

BGSO
Tidus

Post by BGSO »

Any updates from state?
David Garb-
UIUC-'13

Dan-Don
Yuna

Post by Dan-Don »

BG MSL Champs wrote:That said, Fremd and in particular Arjun are awesome at math and science. I would be very surprised if they lost to Carmel, even though Carmel is seeded higher.
Yeah...through our League and various tourneys, I've had the chance to play Carmel something like 7 times in the last two years. They're just OK. So ever since the Sectional Seeding, we've been predicting a Fremd victory at the Carmel Regional. I don't know what went down at the Seeding, but Fremd should probably be #4 and Carmel #5.

Does anyone know the results of the IHSSBCA Mid-Season Poll?
jonah
Auron

Post by jonah »

I don't know if it's supposed to be posted, but I'll post the top five from each class. If it's not supposed to be posted, I'll edit it out (or of course a mod can), and if so I apologize in advance for toe-stepping.

Class AA: Auburn, Carbondale, Loyola, New Trier, Stevenson
Class A: Petersburg PORTA, Macomb, Byron, Winnebago, Latin
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments

Do they really have such nebulous rules that you can't post basic results?