Writing Free Agency

Old college threads.
tksaleija
Wakka

Writing Free Agency

Post by tksaleija »

Hello all!

Per a suggestion made on the quiz bowl discord, I would like to make a thread for posting writing "resumes" for those who are interested in contributing to college sets. I think having one central location for all writers, regardless of experience, to make requests is a very good idea and will hopefully sustain itself in years to come. This thread can (and hopefully will) also be a place for editors to make calls for writers, in addition to their own similar posts within the initial announcement thread of their sets. I only ask that this thread be free of unrelated content and focus solely on writing-related information. I will go first, those who follow can feel free to use a format similar to my own:

Name: Aleija Rodriguez

Institution (N/A if graduated): University of Michigan - Ann Arbor

Grade level (Fresh. - Senior, Grad, or N/A): Freshman

Desired set difficulty: I would like to write for regs/regs+ difficulty. This could also be denoted as a 2.0 - 3.5 on Ophir's scale.

Specialties/Strengths: I currently write literature and visual fine arts questions, though I am also quite happy to contribute social science questions where needed.

Writing/Editing experience: I have written for SCOP 9 and WHAQ III, contributing over 40 questions to both sets. I am currently writing for the Michigan Winter Tournament, which is "regs-," or roughly a 2 on Ophir's scale.

Contact information: I can be contacted via hsqb.org pm, the college Discord server, or aleijalr [at] umich [dot] edu .

References: Kristin Strey (head editor of SCOP 9), Jacob O'Rourke (head editor of WHAQ III), Conor Thompson and Evan Lynch (Quality/difficulty control editors of Michigan Winter Tournament).

Preference for writing companies or housewrites: No preference.

I hope this begins a successful trend of up-and-coming writers/editors making open and organized requests. I look forward to writing for successful sets in the coming months and years.
Aleija Rodriguez
University of Michigan 202x
MCMC/MCCC 2019