Private discussion group e-mail requests

Old college threads.
Mike Bentley
Sin

Private discussion group e-mail requests

Post by Mike Bentley »

I noticed that I didn't get an e-mail for most recent applications to join a private forum I own. I also was approved for one without receiving a confirmation e-mail. Can the board admins take a look at what's happening here? I don't even see these messages in my spam folder.

It'd also be great if owners of these forums could check for pending requests. I know I have a few that haven't been approved in a while.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
ThisIsMyUsername
Auron

Re: Private discussion group e-mail requests

Post by ThisIsMyUsername »

Yeah, I reported this problem to the board staff two weeks ago and was told that they were trying to figure out what's going on. That's the last I heard. I also no longer receive e-mail alerts when someone sends me a PM on the forums.
John Lawrence
Yale University '12
King's College London '13
University of Chicago '20

“I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else.” - G.K. Chesterton
Susan
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Private discussion group e-mail requests

Post by Susan »

This issue should now be resolved; sounds like it was an issue with our email server that resulted in emails getting held and not send out, so folks should be receiving them (including the backlogged ones, so you might get a bunch!) now. Thanks to Dan Goff for fixing it; he made a post in the announcements forum about it, but I wanted to post it here to make sure the people following this thread caught it.
Susan
UChicago alum (AB 2003, PhD 2009)
Member emerita, ACF