Chill the fuck out about getting copies of sets

Old college threads.
Auroni
Auron

Chill the fuck out about getting copies of sets

Post by Auroni »

Today I was extremely displeased to learn, after finishing and running a Chicago Open set that took a toll on my physical and mental health, that someone downloaded the raw packet files from our shared folder and that it was circulated by at least Eric Mukherjee. I was looking forward to reading the remaining questions online and eventually posting the set after spending some time to recover, but quizbowl's collective impatience now won't even allow me this small pleasure. I have noticed for years and years now that people in this game must have everything, including access to new sets and stats, right the fuck now and are willing to gain access to it through backhanded means without even entertaining the possibility of asking the people providing those things for them, or without a thought or care as to how providers of those things might want them handled. Producing a tournament of any kind is a draining process, and the draining feeling scales up with the difficulty and size of sets. Shit like this is extremely disrespectful to the game's content creators and needs to stop.
Auroni Gupta (she/her)
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: Chill the fuck out about getting copies of sets

Post by AKKOLADE »

Preach.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Sima Guang Hater
Auron

Re: Chill the fuck out about getting copies of sets

Post by Sima Guang Hater »

Regardless of my opinions on everything else, I shouldn't have sent out the set without your approval - it is yours, after all. That was a mistake on my part and I apologize.
Eric Mukherjee, MD PhD
Brown 2009, Penn Med 2018
Instructor/Attending Physician/Postdoctoral Fellow, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Coach, University School of Nashville

“The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It’s one of the never-ending cycles in life.”
Support the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome Foundation