Question Security and You

Old college threads.
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Question Security and You

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

Before the Stanford mirror of WAO II, Pranav Sivakumar contacted me to let the editing team know that one of his friends who had played the set had spoiled a clue. First of all, I want to publicly thank Pranav for his honesty with regards to his situation, as we were able to contact the Stanford people and devise a solution agreeable to all peoples.

My bigger point, however, is that people should not talk about sets they have played if it is not clear. Please be more careful in the future with regards to this, everyone.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

Re: Question Security and You

Post by Aaron's Rod »

I'm really glad somebody's brought this up. This has been a huge problem on the Discord in particular. People should be more responsible about not revealing unclear content, but to a certain extent I understand why this is happening--it's currently difficult to keep track of whether a set is clear or not, especially because circuits run on such different schedules (note the May 12th mirror of SMT for a bunch of quarters schools in the area).

I know Ophir has been working on a mock-up of a static page that would list each set, difficulty rating, and where/when the mirrors are. Having that all in one place would be a huge help here. I think it would also help if editors could make a habit of posting on their tournament announcements when a set is clear.
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto
i never see pigeons in wheeling
Rikku

Re: Question Security and You

Post by i never see pigeons in wheeling »

This has also been a big problem on the meme page (to the extent that it's become something of a running joke whenever I point out unclear set content to Jakob).
Ankit
Cal '16
Bellarmine College Preparatory '12