UChicago Summer Practices

Old college threads.
Judson Laipply
Rikku

UChicago Summer Practices

Post by Judson Laipply »

We will be having our first Summer Practice tonight from 7-10 PM in Regenstein Library Room 206.

All quizbowlers in the area are welcome to attend. If you are not a University of Chicago Student, please message me if you are coming so that someone can let you in.

Our plan is to have weekly practices for the rest of the summer. If you are interested in attending these practices, please fill out this when2meet so that we have a better idea of when to schedule them in future weeks: http://www.when2meet.com/?3180691-cxtec
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20
Captain Sinico
Auron

Re: UChicago Summer Practices

Post by Captain Sinico »

Any chance you dudes can e-mail me when you're practicing? I'm in Chicago irregularly but I'd love to drop by when it works out.
Mike Sorice
Former Coach, Centennial High School of Champaign, IL (2014-2020) & Team Illinois (2016-2018)
Alumnus, Illinois ABT (2000-2002; 2003-2009) & Fenwick Scholastic Bowl (1999-2000)
Member, ACF (Emeritus), IHSSBCA, & PACE
Judson Laipply
Rikku

Post by Judson Laipply »

Practice will be tomorrow(Monday June 29th) from 7-10 in Regenstein Room 204

Remember to message me if you aren't a UChicago Student so that someone can sign you in to the library.
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20
Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

Post by Aaron's Rod »

Captain Sinico wrote:Any chance you dudes can e-mail me when you're practicing? I'm in Chicago irregularly but I'd love to drop by when it works out.
Same here! I'm in Appleton over the summer but I come home on a not-infrequent basis.
Alex D.
ACF
http://tinyurl.com/qbmisconduct

"You operate at a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than most human beings." —Victor Prieto
Judson Laipply
Rikku

Post by Judson Laipply »

Practice will be at Regenstein room 205 from 7-10 on Monday July 6, 2015. I won't be there, so make sure you email me in advance if you want to be there so I can email some who will be there.
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20
setht
Auron

Post by setht »

I would like to see a buzzer and hear a quizbowl question some time in the next week, maybe even twice in the next week. I would prefer to do this before Friday. I would also prefer not to do this on Monday, since John Lawrence isn't available then.

Would people be interested in meeting up on one or two of Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday (July 14th/15th/16th), with an eye toward getting ready for Chicago Open (i.e. playing hard questions)? I will commit to showing up whichever night(s) seem to have enough interest to support a practice. I will try to cajole Selene into accompanying me.

-Seth
Seth Teitler
Formerly UC Berkeley and U. Chicago
President of NAQT
Emeritus member of ACF
no ice
Lulu

Post by no ice »

Can someone confirm whether or not there will be Monday practice?
James Zhou
Hinsdale Central
Judson Laipply
Rikku

Post by Judson Laipply »

no ice wrote:Can someone confirm whether or not there will be Monday practice?
Sorry, there won't be monday practice, but it is looking like there will be Wednesday practice. details to follow once someone has booked a room.
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20
Judson Laipply
Rikku

Post by Judson Laipply »

Practice will be tomorrow from 7-10 in Regenstein Room 204. Please email me and John Lawrence if you need to be let in.

This will be a CO Tuneup and as such we will be reading open-difficulty questions.
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20
ThisIsMyUsername
Auron

Post by ThisIsMyUsername »

Seth and I are considering running another CO-level practice on Friday for people who have flown in. We're not sure whether we're going to do this in the afternoon, or in the evening (which would start at 7). I personally lean towards the latter. If you're going to be in the UChicago area on Friday and think you'd like to attend the practice (and possibly have some preferences about time), please PM or e-mail me to let me know.
John Lawrence
Yale University '12
King's College London '13
University of Chicago '20

“I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else.” - G.K. Chesterton
ThisIsMyUsername
Auron

Post by ThisIsMyUsername »

Based on the preferences submitted to me by those that replied to my previous post, we are having a late afternoon / early evening practice, running from 3:30 to 6:30 PM, in Crerar 320B. (Note that this is Crerar rather than Regenstein, because Regenstein is closing early tomorrow.)
John Lawrence
Yale University '12
King's College London '13
University of Chicago '20

“I am not absentminded. It is the presence of mind that makes me unaware of everything else.” - G.K. Chesterton
setht
Auron

Post by setht »

We've got Regenstein 205 reserved from 7-10 pm tonight. (Note that this is Regenstein, our normal meeting place, not Crerar where we met last Friday.)

Now that CO has passed we'll go back to reading questions at a mix of levels. Maybe also some rounds of subject-specific stuff, or trash, or whatever people want.

If you're still in town after CO, please feel free to join us.

-Seth
Seth Teitler
Formerly UC Berkeley and U. Chicago
President of NAQT
Emeritus member of ACF