NAQT welcomes new members Andrew Hart and Nathan Murphy

Old college threads.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

NAQT welcomes new members Andrew Hart and Nathan Murphy

Post by Important Bird Area »

naqt.com wrote:Andrew Hart and Nathan Murphy have accepted offers of membership in NAQT. Andrew will focus on subject- and set-editing across NAQT's spectrum of tournaments, while Nathan will concern himself with logistics for NAQT's national championships.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Gautam
Auron

Re: NAQT welcomes new members Andrew Hart and Nathan Murphy

Post by Gautam »

Congratulations to Andrew and Nathan!
Gautam - ACF
Currently tending to the 'quizbowl hobo' persuasion.
Adventure Temple Trail
Auron

Re: NAQT welcomes new members Andrew Hart and Nathan Murphy

Post by Adventure Temple Trail »

I too have to say it: A hearty congratulations to Nathan and Andrew!

Beyond that, though, I want to add that the above isn't just a formality on my part. Andrew and Nathan are truly excellent picks, both for the NAQT organization and for the quizbowl community at large. It's great to know that there's another NAQT member with a long track record of writing and editing success at all difficulty levels, both on and off the clock, working on its sets. I can also attest that Nathan's personable temperament and commitment to logistical success have already earned him a few unsung #gluskinfacts in my book. I look forward to seeing what they do to further enhance the growth, development, and quality of NAQT's initiatives in the contemporary era, and expect that their historic willingness to engage with the wider community will stay strong.
Matt Jackson
University of Chicago '24
Yale '14, Georgetown Day School '10
member emeritus, ACF