New Google Sheet for a Collegiate Contact List: 2018/2019

Elaborate on the merits of specific tournaments or have general theoretical discussion here.
Progcon
Rikku

New Google Sheet for a Collegiate Contact List: 2018/2019

Post by Progcon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Hello,

People on the Discord were bemoaning how outdated the collegiate contact list was. It would be great if people could edit this Google Sheet with current information about their club. The most important thing is correctly inputting the club email and that email should be actively monitored by club officers.

This spreadsheet may be organized by region, etc. in the future.

Let me know if there are any issues. I guess feel free to input the info for other clubs if you have it, but I would prefer it if people actually in the club filled out the information to maintain accuracy.
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University 2015-

A Very Long Math Tossup
Wakka

Re: New Google Sheet for a Collegiate Contact List: 2018/2019

Post by A Very Long Math Tossup » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:27 pm

I think it would be a good idea to have an annual top-down project in which we go through every school on the list and verify that the contact info is current and actually works. Plenty of people forget to update the old list when they leave their club, I've been burned by outdated contact info in the past.

I'm willing to coordinate this.
Matt Mitchell
Colorado '20
Treasure Valley '16
QBNotify creator, Colorado Quiz Bowl founder, PACE member

Aaron's Rod
Sec. of Cursed Images, Chicago SJW Cabal

Post by Aaron's Rod » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:02 am

A Very Long Math Tossup wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:27 pm
I think it would be a good idea to have an annual top-down project in which we go through every school on the list and verify that the contact info is current and actually works. Plenty of people forget to update the old list when they leave their club, I've been burned by outdated contact info in the past.

That sounds awesome. Would be great to send out a couple of reminder emails in maybe April and May, when people are transitioning their clubs, so things can get handed over before people stop checking their .edu accounts and they expire.
Alex D.
Lawrence B.A., B.Mus. '16 // DePaul M.S. '18
Treasurer & Misconduct Form Rep, ACF // Member, PACE // Writer, NAQT

Bensonfan23
Lulu

Post by Bensonfan23 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 am

I think this is a great idea. I also think it would be helpful if this list were sorted by state, or at least region, like the previous list was.
Ryan Humphrey
UT Austin (Cell & Developmental PhD Program, 2018-?)
Duke University (Biology and History, Class of 2018)
George Washington High School (Charleston, WV, Class of 2014)
PACE Member (inactive for 2018-2019).

Progcon
Rikku

Post by Progcon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:30 am

Bensonfan23 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 am

I think this is a great idea. I also think it would be helpful if this list were sorted by state, or at least region, like the previous list was.
I made separate sheets for each region. If you add your team, please add to the main list and also add it to what you consider its region. For some teams, I had to decide its region, so feel free to correct my choice of region. In reality, this is meant to help TDs recruit teams to their tournaments, and I don't see it as a big deal if, say, a TD in New Jersey has to email the teams in the Northeast and the Mid-Atlantic.

I hope people find this useful.
Harris Bunker

A Very Long Math Tossup
Wakka

Post by A Very Long Math Tossup » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:36 am

I've added a "date updated" column to the sheet, with formatting based on how recently the contact info was updated.
Matt Mitchell
Colorado '20
Treasure Valley '16
QBNotify creator, Colorado Quiz Bowl founder, PACE member

Progcon
Rikku

Post by Progcon » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:59 pm

Thank you to all the schools that have filled this form out. However, I know many schools have not and may not check the forums as often. Please fill this out if your school hasn't done so, and I'd ask that you fill in information for schools that you are aware of. Please leave a comment in the sheet if you are filling in the info for another college, so someone can verify that the email given is still being checked. A simple "This was the email State College University used for Fall last year" would be great.

Thanks again all!
Harris Bunker