FRENCH II

Old college threads.
Shorts are comfy and easy to wear
Lulu

FRENCH II

Post by Shorts are comfy and easy to wear »

To get myself to focus more on writing, this is a very early announcement for FRENCH II. Based on my progress thus far (33 1/2 questions written in 10 months as of the original post) and the faster pace I plan on having, I'd like to have the set ready for CO 2019/summer side event weekends. The distribution, reasons for writing the set, and my topic biases remain the same from FRENCH (elaborated here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... &hilit=HIT). I think I've learned much about question-writing since FRENCH and I believe I'm on my way to producing a more innovative, well-rounded, and polished set.
Alex Fregeau
UIUC 2016 Linguistics
Lewis Univeristy 2022 Secondary Education
Lulu

Re: FRENCH II

The question ideas have not flown nearly as freely as they did when writing the previous FRENCH, so I am nowhere close to meeting the deadline I gave myself in the last post (73/240 questions are written). Therefore, I am seeking 2-3 people to help me write this set, with the intent to have it ready by either next year's spring open or CO. My goal with both FRENCH sets, and particularly this one, has been to write questions that are fresh, interesting, and accessible at an ACF Nats/Nats (+) level and I want any potential collaborators to share this approach. I also would like to extend this offer first to writers who have not significantly shaped the course of quizbowl history questions in the last few years, the cutoff for which I'll loosely define as subject editing history for a collegiate set and/or writing for 2 or more tournaments. I do want help, so please ask if unsure about your specific case. Email me at [email protected] if interested and/or have any questions.
Alex Fregeau
UIUC 2016 Linguistics
Lulu

Updates:

1. I am long overdue in recognizing Erik Christensen, Laurence Li, and Rahul Rao-Pothuraju in joining me in writing this set. They've written a lot of cool stuff and I greatly appreciate heir help.

2. As of posting, we are ~70% of the way through, so we are planning to have this ready for CO/summer side event weekends.
Alex Fregeau
UIUC 2016 Linguistics
Votre Kickstarter Est Nul
Rikku

Post by Votre Kickstarter Est Nul »

Coincidentally, I was thinking about this set earlier today. Im very excited for this Im glad to hear its happening!
Emmett Laurie
East Brunswick '16
Rutgers University '21
Lulu

We're nearly done writing, so the time has come for playtesting, probably on one or more of the next few Saturdays. Including tiebreakers, the set is 245 tossups. If you are interested in helping us with this, please fill out the following Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
Alex Fregeau
UIUC 2016 Linguistics