NASAT Online Mirror 1 (7/14 to 7/15)

Old college threads.
Wartortullian
Rikku

NASAT Online Mirror 1 (7/14 to 7/15)

Post by Wartortullian »

The first online mirror of NASAT will take place on July 14th and 15th, with 10 packets read each day. More information is available in this thread. The registration fee is $10/person for the entire weekend, and can be paid via Venmo (to @Matthew-Mitchell-69).

The tournament will be run on this this Discord server, and you can sign up here. I'm setting a tentative field cap of 4 teams, but if I get more staffers, this will change.

We'll be starting at 11 AM EDT each day. Please show up at least 15 minutes early.

If you have any questions, you can post them in this thread or email me at [email protected].

EDIT: The field cap has been increased to 6 teams.
Last edited by Wartortullian on Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Re: NASAT Online Mirror 1 (7/14 to 7/15)

Post by Ciorwrong »

Can we have an update on this including schedule? I don't know about the other teams, but I would be pretty bored playing the same 3 opponents over the course of 20 rounds. Any chance of either 1) allowing more teams or 2) allowing for teams to switch up after day 1? I'd be fine paying a bit extra money to pay for a mod's time because I believe mods who give up a day to read for an online mirror should be compensated.
Harris Bunker
Grosse Pointe North High School '15
Michigan State University '19
UC San Diego Economics 2019 -

at least semi-retired
Bosa of York
Rikku

Post by Bosa of York »

More worryingly, what's going to happen if Connor Mayers can only staff on Saturday as the sheet indicates, and Matt's the only one staffing on Sunday?
Eric Wolfsberg
Bethlehem Central High School 2016
University of Delaware 2020
Stanford 2025 or whatever
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

Milhouse wrote:More worryingly, what's going to happen if Connor Mayers can only staff on Saturday as the sheet indicates, and Matt's the only one staffing on Sunday?
This is a very serious concern. I hope this event actually runs with teams on Sunday but I would have appreciated it if there had been more announcements and updates about this event. It's Tuesday before the tournament and there is only one staffer for Sunday?
Harris Bunker

at least semi-retired
Tippy Martinez
Wakka

Post by Tippy Martinez »

Milhouse wrote:More worryingly, what's going to happen if Connor Mayers can only staff on Saturday as the sheet indicates, and Matt's the only one staffing on Sunday?
I was not able to secure transportation to Penn's NASAT mirror on the 15th, so thankfully I am now available to staff both days. I have updated the spreadsheet to reflect this.
connor mayers
maryland
Wartortullian
Rikku

Post by Wartortullian »

OK, we now have 3 staffers on both days. As such, I've increased the field cap.
Matt
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

A Very Long Math Tossup wrote:OK, we now have 3 staffers on both days. As such, I've increased the field cap.
Huzzah!
Harris Bunker

at least semi-retired
Wartortullian
Rikku

Post by Wartortullian »

Congrats to team Nick/Jack/Lawrence/Eric for winning this! Stats will be posted shortly.
Matt
Ciorwrong
Tidus

Post by Ciorwrong »

Thanks to Matt and all the readers for doing this! 18 rounds over two days is a ton of work and all the moderators were nice and quick to address any issues.

Thanks again.
Harris Bunker

at least semi-retired
Wartortullian
Rikku

Post by Wartortullian »

Staaats!

I'd like to thank Connor Mayers, Anson Berns, and Francis Clark-Murray for giving up their weekend to staff, as well as Eric Xu for volunteering to read a couple rounds while my voice recovered. Y'all are awesome!
Matt