NASAT Mirror at Valencia College: August 18

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).

NASAT Mirror at Valencia College: August 18

Postby ValenciaQBowl » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:02 pm

Valencia College will host a mirror of NASAT on Saturday, August 18, on our West Campus in the summer hell furnace of Orlando, Florida. We'll plan to start rounds at 10 a.m., so be in Building 9 (the regular place) by 9:30 a.m. For those of you who don't know it as the regular place, here's a map:
http://valenciacollege.edu/map/documents/valencia_campus_map_west.pdf. The campus address is 1800 South Kirkman Drive, Orlando, FL, 32810.

I'm going to charge a $60 flat rate per team. That's $20 more than the mirror fee, with the extra $20 per team going to a provided lunch. I'll probably get sandwich platters and chips from Publix, so if you have vegans, vegetarians, and other such unamerican types, please let me know in advance. (I actually have a couple vegans, so we'll likely have some options).

We'll also likely have Sean Platzer's nutty (mostly highfalutin) film side event, which will be five rounds of twenty toss-ups only. Presumably we'd run that around 4-5 pm, after NASAT. And if there's interest from the field, I can look into getting some other side stuff.

Reply here or e-mail me at cborglum at valenciacollege dot edu if you're interested.

Field:
Delaware people
Borglum and Leo (Layin' Down the) Law
Jeff Fisher Convinced Me Mermaids Are Real (Zach Foster, Taylor Harvey, Bradley Kirksey, Mickey Sizemore)
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Re: NASAT Mirror at Valencia College: August 18

Postby Scipio » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:39 pm

I will be there.
Seth Lyons Kendall
University of Memphis, 1993-1997
University of Kentucky, 1997-1999, 2000-2008
Scipio
Wakka

Postby 100% Clean Comedian Dan Nainan » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:13 am

Auburn will be there again this year! We'll also probably be searching 1 or 2 additional teammates, as we'll probably only bring 2-3. Can bring a set of buzzers also. Do you know how many rounds will be played?
Chandler West
Auburn University 2016-20xx
Good Hope High School (Cullman, AL) 2012-16
100% Clean Comedian Dan Nainan
Wakka

Postby ValenciaQBowl » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:22 pm

That's great, Chandler! I'm not sure how many rounds yet, but I can start thinking about it. Obviously how many teams show up will have a large part to play, but I reckon 9-11 rounds will be right. I'm starting to think that maybe we'll do a Friday night for some side stuff, as you and a lot of the folks will have to be here the night before anyway. I'll get on it and let everyone know soonish.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Postby 100% Clean Comedian Dan Nainan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:37 pm

Thanks, Chris! Personally, I'd be interested in playing either of Words and Objects or WORLDSTAR, and can staff anything else if I'm around.
Chandler West
Auburn University 2016-20xx
Good Hope High School (Cullman, AL) 2012-16
100% Clean Comedian Dan Nainan
Wakka

Return to Collegiate Announcements & Results