Penn Open NASAT Mirror

Old college threads.
mtebbe
Lulu

Penn Open NASAT Mirror

Post by mtebbe »

I am pleased to announce that Penn Quizbowl will be hosting a mirror of NASAT on Sunday, July 15th.

The tournament will be open to anyone and will be soft-capped at 6 teams of four players until further notice. Entry fee will be $90 per team; free agents are welcome to use this thread to form teams. All teams will be guaranteed at least 9 games. Further logistical details will be sent later through email to registered teams. We estimate that the tournament will start around 9 o'clock and run until late afternoon.

To register, please contact me at [email protected]. There is a spreadsheet for team formation here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

METHOD OF PAYMENT (borrowed from Cody Voight)

All teams must pay by the day of the tournament. Teams who do not pay by the day of the tournament will be charged a $25 penalty and will have two weeks to pay their total amount before we start mailing letters to your school administration about it.

We can accept cash, personal checks, or checks from school, school district, or quizbowl club funds. I will also accept Venmo or Paypal. Using other forms of payment outside those listed will be considered nonpayment and subject you to the $25 late payment penalty.

All checks must be made out to either "Nitin Rao" or "Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania" (must be exact wording). If you bring a check not made out to either "Nitin Rao" or "Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania" and have no other method of paying for the tournament, you will be subject to the $25 late payment penalty. If you require a pre-tournament invoice in order to have a check cut, let us know early enough for your school to process the payment. We can generally send you an invoice the same day.
Last edited by mtebbe on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Margaret Tebbe

Spartanburg High School '17
Penn '21

Site Coordinator, ACF
Member, PACE
alexdz
Rikku

Re: Penn Open NASAT Mirror

Post by alexdz »

The spreadsheet is currently View Only, at least for me.
Alex Dzurick
====
Owner/Editor, SAGES Quizbowl Questions
Middle school teacher, Rohan Woods School
====
South Callaway '08 -- Mizzou '12 -- Illinois '17
SCMS coach '12-'13 -- EFIP coach '20-'21 -- RWS coach '22-present
mtebbe
Lulu

Post by mtebbe »

alexdz wrote:The spreadsheet is currently View Only, at least for me.
Sorry, fixed now!
Margaret Tebbe

Penn '21

Site Coordinator, ACF
Member, PACE
mtebbe
Lulu

Post by mtebbe »

I apologize for the late notice, but due to room reservation issues we are moving the tournament to Sunday, July 15th.
Last edited by mtebbe on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Margaret Tebbe

Penn '21

Site Coordinator, ACF
Member, PACE
alexdz
Rikku

Post by alexdz »

To clarify, you mean Sunday, July 15, and not Saturday, right?
Alex Dzurick
====
Owner/Editor, SAGES Quizbowl Questions
Middle school teacher, Rohan Woods School
====
South Callaway '08 -- Mizzou '12 -- Illinois '17
SCMS coach '12-'13 -- EFIP coach '20-'21 -- RWS coach '22-present
34 + P.J. Dozier
Wakka

Post by 34 + P.J. Dozier »

Is this rescheduled date final? I know of several people (including myself) who were planning to play this mirror, but are no longer able to due to the rescheduling.
Wonyoung Jang
Belmont '18 // UChicago '22
ACF; NAQT; PACE
mtebbe
Lulu

Post by mtebbe »

Yes, the date is final. I'm really sorry about having to change it so late.
Margaret Tebbe

Penn '21

Site Coordinator, ACF
Member, PACE
mtebbe
Lulu

Post by mtebbe »

Due to another scheduling change, we were able to secure rooms for the original date of August 12. We have decided to run the first ten packets of the set on July 15 and the second ten on August 12, alternating packets so the difficulty isn't skewed for the second mirror. Teams attending both can pay a reduced fee of $130, while teams attending one can still pay $90. I've added a second sheet to the registration spreadsheet, please use that to form teams for August 12.
Margaret Tebbe

Penn '21

Site Coordinator, ACF
Member, PACE
mtebbe
Lulu

Post by mtebbe »

Congratulations to "the little child who dwelleth upon pure springs of light," who cleared the field yesterday! I would like to thank all the teams who came out and competed. Also, thank you to our external staffers Anish and Jackie who helped the tournament run as smoothly as possible.

Full stats have been uploaded - PM me if you have any corrections.
Margaret Tebbe

Penn '21

Site Coordinator, ACF
Member, PACE
mtebbe
Lulu

Post by mtebbe »

Congratulations to "The Weijias of Sin is Negs" for winning the second mirror yesterday! Thank you to all teams who came to one or both mirrors of the set, I hope everyone enjoyed it. I've uploaded all of the stats, let me know if there are any corrections that need to be made.
Margaret Tebbe

Penn '21

Site Coordinator, ACF
Member, PACE