Canadian Hybrid Tournament at Queen's (March 18, 2018)

Old college threads.
cruzeiro
Rikku

Canadian Hybrid Tournament at Queen's (March 18, 2018)

Post by cruzeiro »

The Queen's University Trivia Club is happy to announce the main site of the Canadian Hybrid Tournament on Sunday, March 18, 2018 in Kingston, Ontario. More information about the Canadian Hybrid Tournament can be found in the global announcement (http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... =8&t=20736).

Location and Logistics
We will be meeting in Jeffrey Hall; this is the same building that ACF Regionals was held in last year. The control room is Jeffrey 128.
Please arrive for 8:30, we expect to read tossup 1 at 9:00.
A campus map is available here: http://www.queensu.ca/campusmap/sites/d ... p_2015.pdf

Registration and Fees
Please email me at dennis.neves.beeby AT gmail.com to register, with team name, number, staff you're bringing and buzzers.

Fee schedule (subject to final confirmation):
Base fee: $120
Buzzer discount: -$10
Staff discount: -$10

Fees are payable in cash, cheque (made out to "Queen's Quiz Team") or by e-transfer.

Current field:
Ian Dewan et al.
Adam Swift et al.
Aaron Dos Remedios et al.
Paul Kasinski et al.
McGill

We hope to see you in Kingston on the 18th!
Dennis Beeby
Waterloo Collegiate Institute, 2011
University of Ottawa, 2016
Queen's University, 2017, 2019
Senator_Jay
Rikku

Re: Canadian Hybrid Tournament at Queen's (March 18, 2018)

Post by Senator_Jay »

Depending on how my Smash Bros tournament goes on Saturday, I may actually show up for this. That being said, I won't know until Saturday evening. I'm trying to convince some people to come up with me on Sunday in the event that I am coming to this.
Jay Misuk
McMaster University, 2009, 2010, 2016
University of Toronto, 2011, 2017, 2022
MEd. (Educational Linguistics) MSc. (CogSciLing), Hon. BA (Linguistics), BA (History), BEd. (History, Geography, Music, Math, Soc. Sci, Law, Latin)

Tri-national competitor; tri-national neg champion.
To quote the ephemeral Jordan Palmer - "There is no shame, only points"
cruzeiro
Rikku

Re: Canadian Hybrid Tournament at Queen's (March 18, 2018)

Post by cruzeiro »

The Ottawa-based team of Ian Dewan, Brendan McKendy, Shelby Robert and Rodrigo Morante defeated the Martingrove alumni team of Paul Kasinski, Erik Christensen, Ian Grieg and Mark Grieg in the first game of an advantaged final.

Thank you to everyone who came to Kingston today, and especially to the question writers for a fun set and their help staffing today. Joe will put up final stats at some point soon.

EDIT: stats are live: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... und_robin/
Dennis Beeby
Waterloo Collegiate Institute, 2011
University of Ottawa, 2016
Queen's University, 2017, 2019