(This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror at S. Carolina (3/25/17)

Old college threads.
Ethnic history of the Vilnius region
Auron

(This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror at S. Carolina (3/25/17)

Post by Ethnic history of the Vilnius region »

The Academic Team at the University of South Carolina will be hosting a mirror of (This) Tournament is a Crime on Saturday March 25th. I, Eric Douglass, will be the tournament director. Further details are below. I will be in contact with all teams prior to the tournament and am happy to answer any and all questions regarding this event.

Questions:

We will be using the set described here. It will be "Nats Minus" in difficulty.

Eligibility:

Open eligibility.

The tournament will take place in Gambrell Hall, which is shown here. We will meet in the lobby.

There are a few meter parking lots in the immediate vicinity and several parallel meters along Barnwell, College, Greene, and Pendleton streets. The regular meters are not checked on Saturdays, though there are a few 15 minute meters that are.

Teams should begin arriving at 8 AM. Registration will go from 8:00 to 8:45, we will have an introductory meeting at 8:45, and play will begin at 9 AM.

Food:

We will not be providing breakfast or lunch. There are several eateries within easy walking and driving distance of Gambrell Hall and we will be providing a food guide prior to the tournament.

Fees:

$80 per team base fee
-$10 discount per buzzer system
-$30 per competent reader (yep, $30)
Minimum fee of $50/team

We are capping the field at 12 teams.

To register, please e-mail me at [email protected].

I will send an email to you to confirm your registration and entry fee. We will accept payment by cash or check. We will not be able to accept payments via debit/credit cards. Checks should be made payable to "The Academic Team at USC".

If you have any other questions you can reach me at [email protected].

Thank you and I look forward to seeing everyone on March 18th!

Southside A
Southside B
USC House Teams (depending on field)
Jason Fern/Lee Holden/Chase Fleming/Geoffrey Thomas
Last edited by Ethnic history of the Vilnius region on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Eric D.
University of South Carolina Alum
Auron

Re: (This) Tournament is a Crime Mirror at S. Carolina (3/25

I've set up a spreadsheet where people can put their proposed teams down, or mark themselves as interested free agents. Please e-mail me to officially register, though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Eric D.
Auron

In order to make this tournament a little more affordable, I've reduced the base fee.
Eric D.
Auron

Congrats to the Dorman Bulldogs (Geoffrey Thomas, Jason Fern, Chase Fleming, and Lee Holden) for winning the South Carolina mirror of (This) Tournament is a Crime. Various USC house teams rounded out the rankings. Stats are here .

Thanks to Ben Ingram and Caitlin Sperka Thomas for coming down to staff this tournament, and thanks to the writers of TTIAC. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves!
Eric D.