Packet Set Sharing Caution: IS #166 and the Division II SCT

Old college threads.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Packet Set Sharing Caution: IS #166 and the Division II SCT

Post by Important Bird Area »

Cross-posted from the high school section. --JTH
naqt.com wrote:NAQT’s Invitational Series #166 will be based, in part, on the Division II Sectional Championship question set. This set will be used for many 2017 state championships and some other tournaments in spring 2017 and possibly fall 2017.

In order to preserve question security, this means that high school teams and coaches will need to take the following steps:

No team and no player may play both a tournament using Invitational Series #166 and a tournament using either Sectional Championship set. (“Either” because the Division II Sectional Championship set is itself based in part on the Division I Sectional Championship set.)

High-school players and coaches may not staff NAQT’s Sectional Championship Tournaments (either division) or NAQT’s Community College Championship Tournament.

High-school players and coaches should avoid attending college practices where the 2017 Sectional Championship question sets will be read (from either division).

As a specific case of the first point, dual-enrolled students may not play Invitational Series #166 and a Sectional Championship, nor Invitational Series #166 and the CCCT, even if they would otherwise be eligible to do so.

Note that this is a departure from past years’ practice: for instance, Invitational Series #156 was not based on the 2016 Sectional Championship.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred