ANNOUNCEMENT: Penn Bowl 2016 (10/22/16)

Old college threads.
Ike
Auron

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Penn Bowl 2016 (10/22/16)

Post by Ike »

I doubt anyone is taking a high schooler's claims seriously, but there is a jab at the question quality from someone who doesn't really know anything: while there are certainly variable bonuses in this set (as you can find in any set!), and some of the tossups do have problems, it's certainly not so bad to make 3ppb differences meaningless. You should definitely play this set next week if you are a fan of previous Penn Bowls! Even Joey Goldman, whose amusing snark set this thread off, notes that the set should be fine for people playing it this week.
Ike
UIUC 13
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

Relevant posts have been FZed, but I'm going to leave this here.

Cody: When I'm trying to head off a stupid and unproductive argument, please do not try to restart it.

Luke: Do not post "to be irritating".
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
vinteuil
Auron

Post by vinteuil »

Hey, I said this in the private forum, but I just want to reiterate this publicly: this set is pretty great! Don't get the wrong impression from this thread: the question quality itself is nothing close to meriting Penn-ance.
Jacob R., ex-Chicago
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

vinteuil wrote:this set is pretty great! Don't get the wrong impression from this thread: the question quality itself is nothing close to meriting Penn-ance.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
Rococo A Go Go
Auron

Post by Rococo A Go Go »

Whatever problems plagued the production of this set did not harm it too much: I enjoyed this set a lot (at least the history and CE, which is all I can credibly comment on), perhaps even more than last year's Penn Bowl.
Nicholas C
KQBA member