BONGOS (PACE side event)

Old college threads.
Vainamoinen
Lulu

BONGOS (PACE side event)

Post by Vainamoinen »

I've already posted this under the high school tournament announcements, but due to the target difficulty of this set it's been recommended to me that I post this here:

I am happy to announce the existence of a science side event, Feynman's BONGOS (Battle Of Nerds Geeking Over Science). I definitely want to run this tournament on Saturday night at PACE, but if there is sufficient interest for it being held at HSNCT, then I'd like to make that happen too. There are 7 packets consisting of 20 tossups (and a tiebreaker), which are about 6-7 lines and powermarked. The writers of this set are Farah Kabir of Richard Montgomery and myself. This tournament is open to all players; high schoolers, college people, staffers, etc. The fee to play the tournament will be $10 per person, and our current plan is for it to be a doubles tournament.

The difficulty of this set can probably best be described as about ACF Regionals, with some dips below and above that mark. We have tried to include some hopefully interesting answerlines while sticking to the target difficulty. Our goal in writing was to provide a set that could be enjoyed by people with varying skill levels in science.

DISTRIBUTION
4 Biology
4 Chemistry
4 Physics
2 Math
2 Astronomy
1.5 Earth Science
1.5 Computer Science
1 Science Trash

We're definitely going to need volunteer staffers and rooms to make this happen at either site, so all of that would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a spreadsheet for signing up at the PACE site: http://tinyurl.com/nqjt7pl
Will Overman
MW '16
Caltech '20