All videos of Quiz Bowl

Anything that's on topic but doesn't fit elsewhere, including related events that might be of interest to quizbowl players (KMO, Science Bowl, etc).
CPiGuy
Rikku

Re: All videos of Quiz Bowl

Post by CPiGuy » Sun May 20, 2018 12:26 am

scquizbowl wrote:The Maine version of High School Quiz Bowl hosts their finals. Bangor and Falmouth.

https://www.facebook.com/HighSchoolQuiz ... 469982332/
IT'S MY SCHOOL... playing really, really terrible questions where you aren't allowed to interrupt!

Seriously, though, I'm going to visit right after HSNCT and read good quizbowl to anyone at the school who wants to, and hopefully I'll have enough time this summer to work with Michael Borecki on outreach and Bowdoin will get to host a tournament.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

CPiGuy
Rikku

Post by CPiGuy » Tue May 22, 2018 2:09 am

I have made this edit of NAQT's video of MSNCT Round 20. It has been edited to contain a number of features that I think should ideally appear in a live quizbowl broadcast with unlimited time and technical capacity to prepare and produce. I do think this will be a good video to introduce people to quizbowl with, as it has the following properties:

-- the content is sufficiently easy that a member of the general public will be able to understand much, but not all, of it
-- the teams are strong and competing in the late playoff rounds of a national championship, so the game means something
-- the result is in doubt until the last question, and the game features an exciting comeback and finish
-- there are score bugs and reminders of what tossup is being read or who is being read a bonus
-- statistics and information about the teams are presented in the video for context

If you have any feedback about how these videos should be done differently, please let me know. I'm hoping to do the remaining MSNCT recorded rounds, as well as the ICT finals; this one took me about three hours, though, and it was on the shorter side, so I make no promises about how quickly I will get to them.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

CPiGuy
Rikku

Post by CPiGuy » Tue May 22, 2018 9:12 pm

I've given the same treatment to Round 21, between Middlesex A and Longfellow A.

Unless something changes, I'll probably edit this post with any future edits.
Conor Thompson
Bangor HS (Maine) '16
Michigan '20

An Economic Ignoramus
Memerator

Post by An Economic Ignoramus » Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 pm

CPiGuy wrote:I've given the same treatment to Round 21, between Middlesex A and Longfellow A.

Unless something changes, I'll probably edit this post with any future edits.
These are great! Keep it up!
Jakob Myers
MSU '21, Naperville North '17
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
Member, PACE
Memerator