NAQT is now accepting writer applications

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

NAQT is now accepting writer applications

Post by Important Bird Area »

naqt.com wrote:NAQT will be considering contract-writer applications from June 1 until July 31. Potential writers must have a high school diploma and have turned 18 on or prior to their date of application.
Full details are posted here.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
setht
Auron

Re: NAQT is now accepting writer applications

Post by setht »

NAQT's open application period for new writers will end in 5 days, on Wednesday the 31st.

After some internal discussion, we have slightly amended our "you must have turned 18 on or prior to your date of application" requirement. If your birthday is between August 1 and October 31, you may apply (in the year that you will turn 18, and if you have a high school diploma) during the open application period. If you are accepted, we will wait until your birthday to send you a contract and have you start writing. (In short, if your birthday is within 3 months of the application period, you may apply the summer before you turn 18. If your birthday is more than 3 months after the application period, you will need to wait until the summer after you turn 18.)
Seth Teitler
Formerly UC Berkeley and U. Chicago
President of NAQT
Emeritus member of ACF