Starting a Science Bowl team

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
yutid
Kimahri

Starting a Science Bowl team

Post by yutid »

My school has recently started a Science Bowl team and we meet once a week. We have a lot of interest and we need to divide each other in A, B, and C teams. We need questions to use, and we can’t use Science Bowl sample questions as some people in our team have already seen them which gives them an unfair advantage. Is there any other way to get questions like buying them or any other way where students can’t access them?
Yuti Das

Liberty Middle School 2017- 2019
CPiGuy
Auron

Re: Starting a Science Bowl team

Post by CPiGuy »

There are very few ways to get Science Bowl questions other than the freely-available sample questions or writing them yourselves.

However, there are a lot of sample questions. I played Science Bowl in high school, and we had a stack of over 500 pages worth of sample questions. We would practice by, basically, opening to a random spot, and it was pretty rare that we landed on questions that I remembered, even after three years of weekly practices.
Conor Thompson (he/it)
Bangor High School '16
University of Michigan '20
Iowa State University '25
Tournament Format Database
TerryLewis
Kimahri

Re: Starting a Science Bowl team

Post by TerryLewis »

Hello,

We took the high school and middle school questions from National Science Bowl regional competitions sample questions source.
There are currently two teams, but we are planning to have more till the end of the year. The application deadline is December 28.

Terry
Terry Lewis
Professor of Theatre at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
Former Director of Theatre/Theatre and Dance