Specialty Design Corp Buzzers

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Ben Dillon
Rikku

Specialty Design Corp Buzzers

Post by Ben Dillon »

Anyone know if Specialty Design Corp. (out of Bessemer, AL) still exists? Their website doesn't seem to exist any more, and they aren't answering either phone number.
Ben Dillon, Saint Joseph HS

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast!"
Charlie and Lolcat
Lulu

Re: Specialty Design Corp Buzzers

Post by Charlie and Lolcat »

Ben, I Googled "Quik Pro Buzzer System," which is Specialty Design's signature buzzer, and got a link to www.quikprosystems.com, which is now apparently owned by 4 D Designs of Columbus, GA. Their new number is listed there. If you have something other than a Quik Pro, they may be able to point you in the right direction for maintenance.
Dave Porter
Douglas Freeman (2002-2005 as a player, 2006-2010 as staffer discount; 2010-2014 as volunteer consultant/assistant coach)
Freelance Trash player (2008-present)
Perennial VHSL Staffer (Conference 11 and Region 5A South)
sgoebel
Lulu

Post by sgoebel »

I contacted them last year about the cost of replacing a light or two on one of our systems, and they did reply with a quote. Their repair and replacement costs are really unreasonable.
Stephen Goebel
Coach, C.E. Byrd HS 2013-2020
Unaffiliated, Caddo Magnet HS 2020-
Joshua Rutsky
Tidus

Post by Joshua Rutsky »

Specialty Design may have been purchased by the outfit out of Georgia for sales purposes, but they are still located in the same place in Bessemer, AL (about 15 minutes from my school, in the back of a TV repair shop.) I personally have never had a problem with their costs; they will generally overhaul an entire buzzer system to 100% for less than $100, which is cheap considering how much may be involved in the repair. If you only need a cable or two, they will replace parts at a reasonable price. If you have trouble reaching them for some reason, PM me via this board and I'll help get you in touch with them.
Joshua Rutsky
VP for Curriculum and Camp Operations, Qwiz
ASCA Board Member
Hoover High School Coach (Retired)