The new naqt.com

Anything that's on topic but doesn't fit elsewhere, including related events that might be of interest to quizbowl players (KMO, Science Bowl, etc).

The new naqt.com

Postby Important Bird Area » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:04 pm

We've just completed an extensive redesign of naqt.com.

If you see anything that looks out of place, confusing, wrong, or nonfunctional, please contact our tech team (tech@naqt.com).
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
User avatar
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator
 
Posts: 5246
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:33 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby tksaleija » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm

The new layout looks great! Much more streamlined and easier to find information, which might encourage more teams to attend NAQT competitions. Excellent job (I know this isn't a suggestion or issue, but I just wanted to give my two cents)!
Aleija Rodriguez
Monroe County Middle College '19
Monroe County Community College '19
User avatar
tksaleija
Wakka
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby Ben Dillon » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:18 pm

I like the map for upcoming tournaments. It would be good to add more filters, e.g. by sets (so that you can find sites that are playing sets you haven't heard yet) and dates.
Ben Dillon, Saint Joseph HS
Indiana State Quiz Bowl Board

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast!"
User avatar
Ben Dillon
Rikku
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: South Bend, IN

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby Important Bird Area » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:02 pm

Ben Dillon wrote:I like the map for upcoming tournaments. It would be good to add more filters, e.g. by sets (so that you can find sites that are playing sets you haven't heard yet) and dates.


We're not sure what a good user interface for this would look like (keeping in mind that we regularly have dozens of sets in use, and would need to account for question-sharing between our national-format sets and state-specific sets). Suggestions welcome.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
User avatar
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator
 
Posts: 5246
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:33 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby Ben Dillon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Important Bird Area wrote:We're not sure what a good user interface for this would look like (keeping in mind that we regularly have dozens of sets in use, and would need to account for question-sharing between our national-format sets and state-specific sets). Suggestions welcome.


In the filter area, you'd have a filter by set that would include only the current year's sets.
Ben Dillon, Saint Joseph HS
Indiana State Quiz Bowl Board

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast!"
User avatar
Ben Dillon
Rikku
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: South Bend, IN

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby jonah » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:08 am

Ben Dillon wrote:
Important Bird Area wrote:We're not sure what a good user interface for this would look like (keeping in mind that we regularly have dozens of sets in use, and would need to account for question-sharing between our national-format sets and state-specific sets). Suggestions welcome.
In the filter area, you'd have a filter by set that would include only the current year's sets.
That doesn't work for a variety of reasons, but how's this?
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
jonah
Auron
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:51 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby Ben Dillon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:40 am

jonah wrote:
Ben Dillon wrote:
Important Bird Area wrote:We're not sure what a good user interface for this would look like (keeping in mind that we regularly have dozens of sets in use, and would need to account for question-sharing between our national-format sets and state-specific sets). Suggestions welcome.
In the filter area, you'd have a filter by set that would include only the current year's sets.
That doesn't work for a variety of reasons, but how's this?


I like it. Was that always there and I missed it or did you add it? :)
Ben Dillon, Saint Joseph HS
Indiana State Quiz Bowl Board

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as
six impossible things before breakfast!"
User avatar
Ben Dillon
Rikku
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: South Bend, IN

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby jonah » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:03 am

Ben Dillon wrote:
jonah wrote:
Ben Dillon wrote:
Important Bird Area wrote:We're not sure what a good user interface for this would look like (keeping in mind that we regularly have dozens of sets in use, and would need to account for question-sharing between our national-format sets and state-specific sets). Suggestions welcome.
In the filter area, you'd have a filter by set that would include only the current year's sets.
That doesn't work for a variety of reasons, but how's this?
I like it. Was that always there and I missed it or did you add it? :)
It was my late-last-night project.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
jonah
Auron
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:51 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby High Dependency Unit » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:23 pm

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be really awesome to be able to sort programs by their "program status," or even if they just have a listed coach/contact as I'm currently going through a list of the 190 CT schools in the database and clicking on the links to get that information.
Michael Borecki
Middlesex Middle 13,
Darien (co-captain) 17,
Bowdoin College 21
NHBB Regional Coordinator
High Dependency Unit
Rikku
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby jonah » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:29 pm

2017 in amusement parks wrote:I don't know if this is possible, but it would be really awesome to be able to sort programs by their "program status," or even if they just have a listed coach/contact as I'm currently going through a list of the 190 CT schools in the database and clicking on the links to get that information.
Shoot me an e-mail at jonah@naqt.com, please. And be glad you're not in California (2,339 schools in our database).
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
jonah
Auron
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:51 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby tksaleija » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:10 am

This may or may not be intentional, but there are certain national championships missing from that national championships page when you open the naqt site on mobile. See below:
Attachments
Screenshot_20180420-100820.png
(227.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Aleija Rodriguez
Monroe County Middle College '19
Monroe County Community College '19
User avatar
tksaleija
Wakka
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby jonah » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:23 am

tksaleija wrote:This may or may not be intentional, but there are certain national championships missing from that national championships page when you open the naqt site on mobile. See below:
It's working for me in Safari on iOS 11.4. Given the cutoff point I suspect this is a scrolling issue—can you scroll and see the rest? Feel free to e-mail me with more details of your setup.
Jonah Greenthal
National Academic Quiz Tournaments
jonah
Auron
 
Posts: 2196
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:51 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The new naqt.com

Postby ganman0305 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Hi! I love listening to the podcasts on the NAQT website and I appreciate that they're much easier to access, analyze scores about, and then link to other pages regarding teams, players, etc. Thank you!
Ganon Evans, Francis Howell High School '18
ganman0305
Kimahri
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:17 pm


Return to Miscellaneous High School Quizbowl

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests