International Buzzer

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Realdeo
Lulu

International Buzzer

Post by Realdeo »

Hi, my name is Deo. I came from Indonesia. I'd like to ask, do yo know a buzzer that is good (not often breaking of course) and has good record make an international delivery. Finding a buzzer is quiet difficult here.

(NOTE: and perhaps, sell an adaptor. We use 220 V here)
Kerenza Doxolodeo
(SMP ASISI, INDONESIA)
Great Bustard
Auron

Re: International Buzzer

Post by Great Bustard »

Hi Deo,
Swiss International School in Basel just ordered an Anderson Buzzer Systems 10 player tabletop model. These are durable, and I have also used these internationally. See andersonbuzzersystems.com to how to order one - this is also just about the most inexpensive model that exists. Just make sure to use a true power converter, not just an adapter! Also, are there quiz tournaments in Indonesia that you are thinking of ordering this for? If so, could you maybe tell us about it, since I and others are interested to hear what sorts of quiz tournaments exist outside of North America. Hope this helps!
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
Realdeo
Lulu

Post by Realdeo »

No. My school just searching one. They don't have it. How about buzzersystem.com? Anderson have the buzzer indicator only at the hub. Buzzer system has one on each one. I'm thinking for searching the traditional one.
Kerenza Doxolodeo
(SMP ASISI, INDONESIA)
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

If you get the Tabletop model (which are cubes, as opposed to the handheld buzzers that are cylinders), then each tabletop buzzer has a light on it as well. In practice, this is a very easy system to use.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
quiz4life
Lulu

Post by quiz4life »

Hi Deo,
I have ordered from buzzersytems.com for a few different international schools. I have had great service from them and the buzzers are excellent. This includes my newest school here at Singapore American School. Since we are "neighbors" can we talk about meeting up for matches. I am working on getting schools here and in the region to play.

Drop me a line...
Michael Harvey
Academic Quiz Coach
Concordia International School Shanghai
Shanghai, China

Formerly Coach at
Seoul Foreign School 2018-2020
Community School of Naples, FL. 2015-2018
Singapore American School 2012-2015
Shanghai American School 2003-2005