IHSA Regionals 2014-15 at Centennial (Champaign)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Captain Sinico
Auron

IHSA Regionals 2014-15 at Centennial (Champaign)

Post by Captain Sinico »

Centennial is happy to host an IHSA Regionals site on 3/9. Your site manager is our AD, Mr. Brian Easter. You can contact me with questions. On tournament day, I'll post updates here as they happen, so stay tuned for exciting action!

Teams in this Region:
Bradley-Bourbonnais
Centennial
Danville
Herscher
Kankakee
Manteno
Peotone
Streator

This spreadsheet is relevant to your Sectional interests.
Last edited by Captain Sinico on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Sorice
Former Coach, Centennial High School of Champaign, IL (2014-2020) & Team Illinois (2016-2018)
Alumnus, Illinois ABT (2000-2002; 2003-2009) & Fenwick Scholastic Bowl (1999-2000)
Member, ACF (Emeritus), IHSSBCA, & PACE
Captain Sinico
Auron

Re: IHSA Regionals 2014-15 at Centennial (Champaign)

Post by Captain Sinico »

Here's an e-mail I sent to coaches a little while ago:
Coaches,

Based on the results of our Doodle poll, and in light of the long travels here that many of you have and some facility considerations, we're going to start slightly later than the recommended time. The Coaches' Meeting will begin by 4:30, and games by 5.

In the interest of getting you done at a reasonable hour, I think we'd all like to keep things brisk as possible. If games can start earlier than 5 based on the conclusion of the meeting and all teams being present and consenting, they will. There will be experienced moderators in all game rooms so that all games are run efficiently and fairly.

In addition to arriving punctually, you can help this to happen in the best way by reviewing the rules (check out the Rules, the Case Book, maybe the School Manual, and maybe even this exciting video!) and e-mailing me in advance with any questions.

On the day of our Regional, please park in the Faculty Lot, south of Centennial, and enter through the south-facing southwest doors. There will be signs and a helper posted to let you in. The lot will clear out starting around 4; if you arrive much earlier than that, you will find parking difficult.

After entering the building, teams should head to Room 119, which is quite near the southwest doors. The Coaches' Meeting will take place in the IMC, which can be entered through Room 119. Game rooms will also be nearby. Teams not playing games (waiting to watch the finals, or waiting for anther game to finish so they may start their next) may also congregate in 119. The finals and awards ceremony will also take place in 119.

If you need to get ahold of me in an emergency, you can call or text me at [you probably already have my phone number if I want you to - if not, ask]. My phone doesn't always work perfectly at Centennial, so please try again if I miss your call.

I think that about covers it, but if I've forgotten anything, or especially if you have any rules questions, please let me know right away.

Looking forward to hosting you next month,
Mike Sorice
Former Coach, Centennial High School of Champaign, IL (2014-2020) & Team Illinois (2016-2018)
Alumnus, Illinois ABT (2000-2002; 2003-2009) & Fenwick Scholastic Bowl (1999-2000)
Captain Sinico
Auron

Post by Captain Sinico »

It was (5) Streator over (4) Centennial in the finals, 220-80. Congratulations to Coach Tyne and the Bulldogs! We look forward to hosting you and our Section's other Regional winners at our Sectional this Saturday.

Other semi-finalists were Bradley-Bourbonnais & Danville. Stats will be posted to the tournament DB page very soon now.
Last edited by Captain Sinico on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Sorice
Captain Sinico
Auron

Post by Captain Sinico »

Okay, stats are posted! Points scored should be accurate, except that I'm not sure who got TU 2 for Kankakee in Round 1. Games played are wrong for several teams & rounds:
Peotone, Rd. 1 (maybe)
Streator, Rd. 1 (don't know who came in/out or when at all!)
Danville, Rd. 1 (don't know who came out for Isaac)
Kankakee, Rd. 1 (don't know who came out for Adam.)
Bradley-Bourbonnais, Rd. 2 (don't know who came out for Ryan & not sure when)

If anybody has those data, please let me know and I'll be glad to fix the record.

For the curious: this report was generated with a special beta version of SQBS that has automatic bouncebacks (thanks, Chris Sewell!) which it calculates as: 1 bounceback heard = 30 points worth of bounceback parts heard. BBH is therefore a mixed number for many teams, since the 10-points bounceback parts in this format are each worth one-third of a bounceback heard. While that may seem inelegant, it has the advantage that it places PPBB on the same basis as PPB, which seems more reasonable than the usual way (BBH = bounceback parts heard, which makes PPBB one third of PPB for the same conversion rate.)
Mike Sorice