Dorman Season Ender, 4.30.16, SpartanburgSC, NAQT MS-18

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
thomasgnd
Lulu

Dorman Season Ender, 4.30.16, SpartanburgSC, NAQT MS-18

Post by thomasgnd »

The Dorman Quizbowl Team is pleased to announce its Season Ender, to be held on Saturday, 30 April 2016 on our campus at 1050 Cavalier Way, Roebuck SC 29376. We are conveniently located at I-26 exit 28, the intersection between I-26 and US-221 just south of Spartanburg SC.

The event will use an NAQT MS-18. We will use full NAQT rules, meaning powers and negs will be tracked for teams and individuals, bonuses will not bounce, games will consist of two timed nine-minute halves, teams will have one timeout per game, and substitutions will be permitted between games and at halftime.

We will cap the field at 40 teams. Round-robin groups will be contested in morning rounds, after which a rebracket will take place, followed by round-robin play for the championship. A final or advantage final will be played if necessary. We will offer trophies to the champion and runner-up.

This tournament will be a separate middle-school division from a concurrent high-school event. We will award a trophy to the champion of the division.

The cost per team will be $85. To insure maximum efficiency of operation, we ask that teams stay on campus for lunch, which will be prepared and served by our parent association at a cost of $5 per student and free for one adult per team. Concessions will also be available for purchase throughout the day.

Registration will take place at the school's front desk from 8-8:40am, followed by a brief coaches' meeting at 8:45am. Games will begin, whether or not all teams have arrived, at 9am. The lunch break will occur as close to noon as possible, and the tournament should end by 4pm, if not earlier.

Paper invitations will be mailed to schools in our general area of SC, western NC, northern GA, and eastern TN in late August or early September. If you are not in this area but would like to receive an invitation, please respond to this post, send me a private message on this site, or email me at [email protected]. Alternately, you may register, express interest, or voice any questions via any of the three above-listed options.

We look forward to hosting a great event and will be happy to greet you in Upstate South Carolina!
Geoffrey ND Thomas
--
Head Quizbowl Coach, Heathwood Hall
Columbia, South Carolina
[email protected]
--
Qwiz Camps Partner
qwizbowl.com