Florida State / Panhandle Teams?

Old college threads.
Great Bustard
Auron

Florida State / Panhandle Teams?

Post by Great Bustard »

Hi All,
Not sure if this is the best spot for this post, but I'm looking for anyone who has quiz bowl contacts at Florida State or within a 2 hour drive of Tallahassee. If you or someone you know fits this bill, can you send me an email or private message to get in touch? Specifically, we're looking for a director for a tournament on Jan. 31 at Chiles HS in Tallahassee. Up until today, I was doubtful this would run, but we have gotten sufficient interest to hold the tournament, so I'd like to find someone local who's interested if at all possible. We'll pay $100 and reimburse on mileage.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
sonstige
Wakka

Re: Florida State / Panhandle Teams?

Post by sonstige »

You might try contacting Tallahassee resident Billy Beyer for this. You can probably PM him directly on these boards.

Alternatively --- you can try reaching out to someone associated with the Chipola quiz bowl team, such as Stan Young.
Travis Vitello
University of Florida '08
The Ohio State University '14
University of Virginia '21
Georgia Tech '26 (anticipated)
ex-Writer, NAQT
Rabbinator
Lulu

Post by Rabbinator »

I haven't been able to find contact information for Billy Beyer through here. Does someone have an email address? At this point we're willing to pay $200 to make sure this thing runs well for the kids.
Bunnie Hadsall
Future Director of the International Dog Bowl, a buzzer-based competition for good dogs around the world
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Important Bird Area »

Billy's most recent post is here.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Post by bradleykirksey »

Facebook is usually a good way to reach Billy I believe. If he's not free, you could contact Stan Young like suggested or Dan Finley of Gulf Coast or UCF Alum Chas Carpenter who's in Tallahassee.
Bradley Kirksey
Mayor of quiz bowl at the University of Central Florida (2010-2015)
The club at Reformed Theology Seminary Orlando (2017 - 2021)