GQS (Pre-Nats)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

GQS (Pre-Nats)

Post by A Dim-Witted Saboteur »

Well, whether there is authentic demand for another edition of my previous player poll or it's an elaborate ploy to distract me from studying for nats, I plan to conduct another survey in the two weeks from now until Nats. The time frame is rather rushed if this is to be finished by HSNCT, so volunteering as fast as possible would be appreciated.
The number of quiz bowl players I know has expanded to the point where I can probably coordinate a few regions myself, but I'll list regions that still need coordinators here, as in the last thread. For those of you who didn't keep track of the last thread, this job involves asking 8 or more players from around your region to come up with a top 10/5/however many teams can be satisfactorily ranked in your region with clear distinctions between each team (for example, while most circuits did a list of ten, Northern California produced a top 5 list). Put the results in a google sheet/PM/google form/any other form that's easy for me to read and I'll produce a ranking out of it. Methodology is explained at this site, which I'll use again. https://paul-lockett.co.uk/stv.html
PM me if interested.
Kentucky:
Tennessee:
Alabama: Rishik Hombal
NorCal:
SoCal: Rahul Keyal
Ohio/Indiana: Ben Anthony
Illinois: Jakob Myers
Michigan: Devin Humphreys
Northeast:
New England:
Georgia and Carolina: Ashwin Ramaswami
Florida: Peter Torres
Louisiana and Texas: John Crawford
Missouri: Michael Powers
Pennsylvania: Jackie Wu and Colton Sanden
DC Metro (MD/VA):
Last edited by A Dim-Witted Saboteur on Thu May 18, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jakob M. (they/them)
Michigan State '21, Indiana '2?
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Re: GQS (Pre-Nats)

So as to get this finished in a reasonable amount of time, I'm setting the deadline for regional coordinator signups at May 17. After that I'll just handle what regions I can and neglect what regions I can't
Jakob M. (they/them)
"No one has ever organized a greater effort to get people interested in pretending to play quiz bowl"
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Now begins the survey! I'll find regional coordinators for the regions I missed if necessary, but for some they probably won't be.
Jakob M. (they/them)
-Ankit Aggarwal
Antrobus63
Wakka

Post by Antrobus63 »

Any chance there is an updated version of this spreadsheet, that has so many tournament PBB listed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =144245971
Peter Schmidt
Columbia '84, Yale '88
Coach, Moravian Academy History Bowl 2020-23
Lehigh Valley Academy 2016-18
Pennsylvania NASAT '15, ‘18, ‘22, '23
Owner and Teacher, Prepare Test Preparation
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

Sorry I haven't really been able to do this; HSNCT preparation and other stuff interfered. I will post the few results I've received here over the next few days.
Jakob M. (they/them)
-Ankit Aggarwal
A Dim-Witted Saboteur
Yuna

I'm extremely busy with writing, but I'll post all the results after PACE just to see how accurate these predictions are for nats.
Jakob M. (they/them)
-Ankit Aggarwal