Outage Notice: Dec 22, 2013 @ 2:00 PM EST

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
The Goffman Prophecies
Quizbowl Detective Extraordinaire

Outage Notice: Dec 22, 2013 @ 2:00 PM EST

Post by The Goffman Prophecies »

I'm going to be taking the site offline beginning at 2:00 PM Eastern Time on Sunday, December 22 for some long-overdue upgrades. I'm hoping the upgrade process will only take a couple hours, but it's possible the site may be down for as long as 24 hours.

This outage will also affect quizbowlpackets.com and the Quizbowl Resource Database. They will be unavailable until the upgrades are complete.

Most of the changes that are coming will be behind the scenes: in addition to upgrades to the server operating system and the forum software, PACE has agreed to provide additional financial support that will allow us to upgrade the Rackspace Cloud Server that hosts the forums, quizbowlpackets.com, and the Quizbowl Resource Database. I want to thank PACE for their continued support of this site and all the projects we are hosting. We have seen record traffic on the site for much of the past year, and with any luck, the server upgrade will be a launching point to keeping hsquizbowl.org going for another 10 years.

Please contact me directly if there are any questions or concerns about this outage.
Dan Goff
HSQB sysadmin

Virginia Tech '13
South Carolina '15
and a couple other places
Not Thomas Dale HS

STAAATS
The Goffman Prophecies

Re: Outage Notice: Dec 22, 2013 @ 2:00 PM EST

Just a reminder that this is happening Sunday afternoon.
Dan Goff
HSQB sysadmin

Virginia Tech '13
South Carolina '15
Not Thomas Dale HS

STAAATS
The Goffman Prophecies

Re: Outage Notice: Dec 22, 2013 @ 2:00 PM EST

Everything's back up for now -we're running on our upgraded server and everything is checking out.

I'm still tweaking some things with the site, so you may see some brief outages again, but the bulk of the work is done at this point.
Dan Goff
HSQB sysadmin

Virginia Tech '13
South Carolina '15
Not Thomas Dale HS

STAAATS