DWI - University of Delaware - 03/06/2010

Old college threads.
mpellegrini
Lulu

Re: DWI - University of Delaware - 03/06/2010

Post by mpellegrini »

Carangoides ciliarius wrote:During the Trash set that UD wrote for the annual Blue Hen trash round, this happened too.
It did happen in the BHI tracket, but only twice (TUs 7 and 12) and only because the BHI trash packet was mostly recycled from the unread generic DWI trash packet. (The person who was in charge of the BHI trash packet waited until two or three days before the tournament to write anything, so he ended up recycling the unused ones)
Mark Pellegrini
University of Delaware (2001-Present)
Charter School of Wilmington (1997-2001)
Down and out in Quintana Roo
Auron

Post by Down and out in Quintana Roo »

mpellegrini wrote:
Carangoides ciliarius wrote:During the Trash set that UD wrote for the annual Blue Hen trash round, this happened too.
It did happen in the BHI tracket, but only twice (TUs 7 and 12) and only because the BHI trash packet was mostly recycled from the unread generic DWI trash packet. (The person who was in charge of the BHI trash packet waited until two or three days before the tournament to write anything, so he ended up recycling the unused ones)
It wasn't a big deal.

Some of those questions were way way too hard for high schoolers to power anyway... i bet about 3 of them had ever even heard of Kimmie Meissner and yet you made her a tossup answer.
Mr. Andrew Chrzanowski
Caesar Rodney High School
Camden, Delaware
CRHS '97-'01
University of Delaware '01-'05
CRHS quizbowl coach '06-'12
http://crquizbowl.edublogs.org
Angry Babies in Love
Yuna

Post by Angry Babies in Love »

Carangoides ciliarius wrote:
mpellegrini wrote:
It wasn't a big deal.

Some of those questions were way way too hard for high schoolers to power anyway... i bet about 3 of them had ever even heard of Kimmie Meissner and yet you made her a tossup answer.
Daniel Galitsky almost powered Meissner if I remember correctly.
Raynell Cooper
Arcadia ES '04
Richard Montgomery HS '11
George Washington University '15
University of Maryland, College Park '17
Hella things, National History Bee and Bowl
Terrible Shorts Depot
Yuna

Post by Terrible Shorts Depot »

Wurzel-Flummery wrote:
Carangoides ciliarius wrote:
mpellegrini wrote:
It wasn't a big deal.

Daniel Galitsky almost powered Meissner if I remember correctly.
That doesn't make her tossupable! Sample size of one is not enough!
Charlie Rosenthal
Shady Side Academy '09
Carleton College '13
University of Pennsylvania '18
Nine-Tenths Ideas
Auron

Post by Nine-Tenths Ideas »

Went dead in my room, and the other team was from Delaware.
Isaac Hirsch
University of Maryland '14
Never Gonna Play Again