MUT mirror at Georgia Tech - 3/14/09

Old college threads.
AdamL
Lulu

MUT mirror at Georgia Tech - 3/14/09

Post by AdamL »

Georgia Tech plans to host a mirror of MUT on Saturday, March 14. Note that this is a week after most or all of the other sites will be hosting it.

More details to come, but they should resemble the ones announced by Minnesota, namely:

Packet-writing

Packets are optional at all sites. Anyone submitting a packet by February 14 will get $30 off. Anyone submitting a packet by February 28 will get $10 off. Half-packets are also acceptable; simply halve the discounts from before to get your discount. The Minnesota team will be writing the rest of the packets.

Costs and other discounts

Base fee: $120
Buzzer: -$5
Moderator: -$15
Travel: -$10 if over 200 miles by Google maps

Please contact me at adamliem (at) gatech (dot) edu with questions or registration.
Last edited by AdamL on Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Liem
Chattahoochee High '08
Georgia Tech '12
AdamL
Lulu

Re: MUT mirror at Georgia Tech - 3/14/09

Post by AdamL »

Instead of editing the original post I'll put the field in this convenient thread bump:

Field Update:

USC (1)
FSU (1)
Southside HS(1)
Ahmad Ragab

I was hoping for more teams than this, so just in case your team is interested but hasn't registered yet, send me an email at adamliem (at) gatech (dot) edu to let me know you're thinking about it at least.
Adam Liem
Chattahoochee High '08
Georgia Tech '12
AdamL
Lulu

Post by AdamL »

Sorry for the lack of updates before this tournament happened. Southside HS had to drop, but Walton registered, so we ran a 6-team tournament with a double RR followed by top-3, bottom-3 RR.

I have the stats for the double RR put in already, but I don't have the playoff scores right now, nor do I have the scoresheets (Farrah has them, but we're on Spring Break now so I most likely won't get those put in for another week.) The end result, however, was FSU winning over USC in an advantaged final, with Ahmad Ragab taking third.

Edit - playoff matches between FSU and USC now included: http://results.scobo.net/SQBS.aspx?org= ... =standings

Also, thanks to Eric and Bryn from USC for moderating
Last edited by AdamL on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Liem
Chattahoochee High '08
Georgia Tech '12
Marble-faced Bristle Tyrant
Yuna

Post by Marble-faced Bristle Tyrant »

AdamL wrote:but I don't have the playoff scores right now, nor do I have the scoresheets (Farrah has them, but we're on Spring Break now so I most likely won't get those put in for another week.)
I will do this myself when I have access to a not-restricted computer; in other words, when I get home this afternoon.

fsb
Farrah Bilimoria
Formerly of Georgia Tech and Central High School (Macon)
Marble-faced Bristle Tyrant
Yuna

Post by Marble-faced Bristle Tyrant »

Alright, the last two USC-FSU rounds have been posted. We intended to have the top and the bottom three teams each play their own round robin with crossover matches to prevent byes, but we lacked a sufficient number of packets. Because of this, the top two teams in the field, FSU and USC, played round 11. USC won round 11, tying the two. FSU won round 12. All the other teams' matches were essentially scrimmages.

fsb
Farrah Bilimoria
Formerly of Georgia Tech and Central High School (Macon)