Harvard summer practices

Old college threads.
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Harvard summer practices

Post by UlyssesInvictus »

We'll be having practices from Thursday 8-10, starting June 11th, in room 28 of Memorial Hall (in the basement). These are open to anyone who can make them.

This post will be updated if that room info ever changes.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
Harvard 2017, TJHSST 2013
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
Corry
Rikku

Re: Harvard summer practices

Post by Corry »

I can probably make it to these, actually.
Corry Wang
Arcadia High School 2013
Amherst College 2017
NAQT Writer and Subject Editor
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

A reminder that this is happening tonight! Time and location are as stated above. Post here or PM me if you can't get in. There's a chance we won't have access to the room--I'll try to get there early and post here if that's the case.

Practice is open to anybody and everybody. Please come so it's not just Mark and I sitting here awkwardly! :grin:
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

The door at the bottom of the steps in the entrance facing the plaza and the door at the head of the gravel path are both locked, but you can use the wooden door that faces the road. If you still can't manage to get in, PM me and I'll come and find you.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Starting tomorrow, we're having practice on Monday from 8-10, with the same location and time details. Whether or not this is a switch from Thursday or an additional practice per week is up to people.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

We've moved to the headquarters for WHRB, which is in the basement of Pennypacker Hall. Ring the doorbell and someone will let you in. If you're having trouble with directions, PM me.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Practice is cancelled for today, and Thursdays forevermore--Monday will be our regular time. (We only have access to a meeting place on Mondays anyway.)
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

To clear up some confusion, practice is in the WHRB Station at the basement of Pennypacker again tonight (and will be as long as it remains the most feasible solution). I'm actually missing practice tonight, but if you have trouble finding the place, PMing me remains as always a good way to get in touch with the people running practice.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

Will (and our access to the radio station) is gone this week, so we'll be taking the opportunity to get a loverly skyline view of Boston at the Business School.

Practice will be at One Western Avenue, in the Court, about a 15 minute walk from Central Square and a 10 minute walk from Harvard Square. There's a lot of entrances, but if you walk past the courtyard with a bridge over it, and find a Hubway rack, then you're in the right area. Page room 435 (there's a button in the lobby) for Mark to unlock the door and proceed by elevator to the 8th floor.

PM or email me if you have trouble finding the place.

EDIT: Mark pointed out that once practice starts he won't be in his room to buzz you in. Sneak in with someone else's swipe or PM me if you get here significantly after 8.

EDIT EDIT: Mark also pointed out that the location is more accurately the Bridge, not the Court. At this point you may be better off emailing me to come get you.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM
hydrocephalitic listlessness
Forums Staff: Moderator

Post by hydrocephalitic listlessness »

Happening at WHRB tonight at the usual time!
Will H-M
Harvard '16
Princeton ~'26
ACF
UlyssesInvictus
Yuna

It's the last practice of the summer! If you're at all around for whatever reason and looking for something to do, come by.
Raynor Kuang
quizdb.org
I wrote GRAPHIC and FILM