ACF Regionals 2015 Florida @ University of Florida (1/25/15)

Old college threads.
TaylorH
Wakka

ACF Regionals 2015 Florida @ University of Florida (1/25/15)

Post by TaylorH »

Hey everyone! This is the general announcement for the Florida site of ACF Regionals 2015, which will be hosted by the University of Florida on January 25, 2015. ACF Regionals will be a packet submission college-regular tournament, and the primary method for qualifying for ACF Nationals. The global announcement can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... =8&t=16437

Time, Location, and Transportation
Registration will be from 9:00-9:30 AM, and the tournament will start promptly at 9:45. It will be held in Little Hall on the University of Florida Campus (the same building as our site of ACF Fall) with rooms TBA. Parking in the lot next to Little Hall is your best option.

Distribution and Fee Structure
Distribution and fee structure are described in the global thread linked above, as well as packet submission guidelines and resulting fee penalties.

Registration
To register, send an email to [email protected] with "ACF Regionals" in the subject line and the team name(s), number of buzzers, number of staffers, and other relevant information. Additionally, fill out the ACF provided form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12QXdqd ... c/viewform

Our site will be capped at 14 teams. The field is viewable here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true

Other
For ACF related questions, refer to the global thread or contact [email protected]. Tournament related questions can be directed to my email, listed above.

We hope to see you there!
Last edited by TaylorH on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF
University of Florida B.S. Nuclear Engineering '17
University of Florida Ph.D. Nuclear Engineering '21
2021 ACF Nationals Champion
CaseyB
Wakka

Re: ACF Regionals 2015 Florida @ University of Florida (1/24

Post by CaseyB »

The Florida site will take place on Sunday, January 25, in the hopes that interested CC teams will be able to attend.
Is this no longer true then?
Casey Bindas
PACE VP of Event Management
Michigan Tech 2016-18
VCU 2015-16
UCF 2011-15
Canton HS (MI) 2007-11
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Post by bradleykirksey »

Ian and Michael told me it was the 24th when I asked and that's when Cody told me to get Mickey and me off of work. So I guess we missed a memo somewhere.

But I'd been meaning to ask too. Did no CC teams sign up?
Bradley Kirksey
Mayor of quiz bowl at the University of Central Florida (2010-2015)
The club at Reformed Theology Seminary Orlando (2017 - 2021)
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

None of the CC coaches whom I told about this tournament have indicated to me that they're going to bring a team; of course, they wouldn't have to do so, but usually folks let me know. So anyway I doubt very seriously any CC teams will be coming.
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
Adventure Temple Trail
Auron

Re: ACF Regionals 2015 Florida @ University of Florida (1/25

Post by Adventure Temple Trail »

This site IS still happening, with 2 teams from UCF and 2-3 house teams from UF making up the current field. Other schools are still encouraged to register if interested or on the fence.
Matt Jackson
University of Chicago '24
Yale '14, Georgetown Day School '10
member emeritus, ACF