NAQT SCT @ UCF

Old college threads.
bradleykirksey
Wakka

NAQT SCT @ UCF

Post by bradleykirksey »

Hey, guys!

We’re excited to say that the Florida SCT will be held at UCF this year. It’ll likely be held in the business administration building, but more details will come as we get closer to time. I’ll keep the event updated.

It’ll be $125 per team, and each subsequent team from each school will cost $100. You can get the following discounts:

$15 discount per working buzzer system

$10 discount per working clock or timer (since that’s double the normal discount, we’d really like to ask that it be digital, easily visible by both teams, and make an alarm noise when it reaches 0 seconds)

$30 discount per staffer

$20 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted SCT in 2013 or 2014)

You can register here: https://www.naqt.com/registration/regis ... nt_id=6224

And you can see the field here: http://www.naqt.com/registration/field. ... nt_id=6224

We’re going to do whatever it takes to finally finally really actually have non-combined fields for SCT, which will be a first in our region since I started quiz bowl. So no need to worry about playing dinosaurs. It’s going to be a great tournament. We’ll be looking forward to it and it’ll be good to see everyone!
Bradley Kirksey
Mayor of quiz bowl at the University of Central Florida (2010-2015)
The club at Reformed Theology Seminary Orlando (2017 - 2021)
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Re: NAQT SCT @ UCF

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

bradleykirksey wrote: We’re going to do whatever it takes to finally finally really actually have non-combined fields for SCT, which will be a first in our region since I started quiz bowl. So no need to worry about playing dinosaurs.
Rumor has it that the dinosaurs brushed up on their knowledge of Jesus questions. :party:
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Post by bradleykirksey »

Well, I won't be playing SCT, but I hope I get a chance to play you on a bible tossup this year. Jihye nearly beat me to one last year, but not quite.

Does this mean you might be coming down to Orlando for SCT though?
Bradley Kirksey
CodyJohansen
Lulu

Post by CodyJohansen »

Hey, everyone - my name is Cody and I'm the contact for SCT at UCF. Registration will start at 9:00 and rounds will start at 9:30. We will meet and play in the Mathematical Sciences Building (MSB - see attached map). The closest garage is B. It costs $5 to park there. If you registered to bring buzzers, please bring them. I look forward to seeing all of you on Saturday!

http://m.ucf.edu/map/location/12
Cody Johansen
Ex-President of Quiz Bowl @ UCF

Leon High School 2013
University of Central Florida 2017
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Post by bradleykirksey »

At halftime, UCF A is winning at 4-0. UF is winning undergrad and in second at 3-1. UCF B is in third with 2-2. Despite Aayush's 115 PPG, Waterloo is in fourth at 1-3 and UCF C is still winless. 8 more rounds (and 6 games for each team) to play.

For DII, UF B is winning at 5-0, UF C is in second at 4-1, Stetson is 1-4, and UCF D is 0-5. We're playing a quadruple round robin because we didn't want UF's and UCF's B teams to sit around for 5 rounds staring at our ceilings and vandalizing our pencil sharpeners again, so there's another 7 games to play.
Bradley Kirksey
bradleykirksey
Wakka

Post by bradleykirksey »

After 8 games each, DI has rebracketed with UCF A (8-0) UF A (5-3) and Waterloo (4-4) at the top and UCF B (3-5) and UCF C (0-5) at the bottom. There are 3 games left to play.

After 9 games so far, UF B leads DII at 9-0 and UF C is in second at 6-3 with all 3 losses coming to UF B. Again, there are 3 games left to play.
Bradley Kirksey