Summer Practices in NYC!

Old college threads.
Rompimientos del Centauro
Lulu

Summer Practices in NYC!

Post by Rompimientos del Centauro »

If anyone's around the Big Apple this summer, feel free to drop by open Columbia practices!

We (Irit and Wilton) are going to have practices in Columbia's Kent 628, Monday and Thursday at 7 PM, starting today. It'll be great.
York Chen
Hunter '12
Vassar '16
naan/steak-holding toll
Auron

Re: Summer Practices in NYC!

Post by naan/steak-holding toll »

When do these start? I'm driving back to school on Monday and Tuesday (for some reason the summer term starts on Thursday the 19th) and am stopping by New York City, so I'd like to show up for one of these if possible.
Will Alston
Dartmouth College '16
Columbia Business School '21
czheng0708
Lulu

Post by czheng0708 »

What level difficulty are you guys playing? I'd like to drop by to play a little occasionally.
Christopher Zheng
Great Neck South High School '15
University of California, Berkeley '19
dyetman89
Wakka

Post by dyetman89 »

I may be able to make tonight's practice, but failing that I'll be at most of the future instances. Thanks for organizing this!
Doug
Brandeis '17
Urech hydantoin synthesis
Tidus

Post by Urech hydantoin synthesis »

Periplus of the Erythraean Sea wrote:When do these start? I'm driving back to school on Monday and Tuesday (for some reason the summer term starts on Thursday the 19th) and am stopping by New York City, so I'd like to show up for one of these if possible.
I dunno if this is too late of a response, but they already started! The first practice was last Monday the 9th, and there will be practices next week as well.
czheng0708 wrote:What level difficulty are you guys playing? I'd like to drop by to play a little occasionally.
Depends on the people who show up, but in general we read regular college difficulty or, often, harder. Last two practices, we read some ACF Regionals, VCU Open, and a little bit of ACF Nationals. You should show up, you learn a lot of good stuff from harder packets!
dyetman89 wrote:I may be able to make tonight's practice, but failing that I'll be at most of the future instances. Thanks for organizing this!
I'm proud of York too :party:
Last edited by Urech hydantoin synthesis on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ben Zhang

Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell '23
Columbia University '18
Ladue Horton Watkins HS '14
CWSYuen
Lulu

Post by CWSYuen »

This sounds pretty awesome. I will make an effort to drop by practice in July once I am back in the States.
CWSYuen
BCA 08'-11', Rutgers 11'-Present
Urech hydantoin synthesis
Tidus

Post by Urech hydantoin synthesis »

CWSYuen wrote:This sounds pretty awesome. I will make an effort to drop by practice in July once I am back in the States.
Feel free to stop by! We have a high schooler or two who will start showing up in July as well. And York promised to bake us all miniature fruit pies every practice! Thanks York :party:

-- Wilton Rao
Ben Zhang

Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell '23
Columbia University '18
Ladue Horton Watkins HS '14