Byzantine History Side Event at CO

Old college threads.
Kilroy Was Here
Rikku

Byzantine History Side Event at CO

Post by Kilroy Was Here »

This is an announcement for a Byzantine History side event at Chicago Open to be written by me. It's not just Byzantine history, but also things that affected Byzantium (Barbarian tribes, movements, church councils, ETC)
4 rounds of 20 questions, no bonuses, all will be power marked
8 Byzantium
4- slavic countries and people
2- Barbarians/ other countries affecting Byzantium
2- Religious/ political movements
2- Military
1- Art
1- Other

This will be held on whenever the nice people at CO decide to let me host this

To sign up just post here

Questions? Comments? Feel free to post and ask.
Last edited by Kilroy Was Here on Tue May 08, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collin Parks
University of Michigan '18

"Aragorn was the famed king of Gondor, while the Iberian kingdom was Aragon. Both parties were aware of this coincidence: we have a journal entry from Aragorn that expresses his anger at receiving mail meant for King Peter IV of Aragon for the umpteenth time."~ CommodoreCoCo
Skepticism and Animal Feed
Auron

Re: CO History Doubles: 7/22/2012

Post by Skepticism and Animal Feed »

something ambiguous wrote:Also, if anybody wants to play this, I can finish my all Byzantine/ middle age slavic history tournament for people to play after this is done.
Sign me up.
Bruce
Harvard '10 / UChicago '07 / Roycemore School '04
ACF Member emeritus
My guide to using Wikipedia as a question source
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

something ambiguous wrote:Also, if anybody wants to play this, I can finish my all Byzantine/ middle age slavic history tournament for people to play after this is done.
I'm in. How many rounds was this again?
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Kilroy Was Here
Rikku

Charbroil wrote:
Right now I have one and a half, and I have the answer lines for 3 rounds. I can expand this, however.
Collin Parks

"Aragorn was the famed king of Gondor, while the Iberian kingdom was Aragon. Both parties were aware of this coincidence: we have a journal entry from Aragorn that expresses his anger at receiving mail meant for King Peter IV of Aragon for the umpteenth time."~ CommodoreCoCo
Ringil
Rikku

Post by Ringil »

I'll play; it seems exciting
Libo
Washington '14, Michigan '13, Troy High School '09
Charbroil
Auron

Post by Charbroil »

something ambiguous wrote:
Charbroil wrote:
Right now I have one and a half, and I have the answer lines for 3 rounds. I can expand this, however.
Whatever you'd like; I was just curious. Is this tossups only or tossup/bonus?
Charles Hang
Francis Howell Central '09
St. Charles Community College '14
Washington University in St. Louis '19, 2x (President, 2017-19)

Owner, Olympia Academic Competition Questions, LLC
Question Writer, National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC and National History Bee and Bowl
Kilroy Was Here
Rikku

Charbroil wrote:
something ambiguous wrote:
Charbroil wrote:
Whatever you'd like; I was just curious. Is this tossups only or tossup/bonus?
Just tossups
Collin Parks

Pilgrim
Tidus

Post by Pilgrim »

I'm playing this tournament with Chris Ray.
Yes please.
Trevor Davis
University of Alberta
CMU '11
at your pleasure
Auron

Post by at your pleasure »

Ooh, this looks fun. Sign me up.
Douglas Graebner, Walt Whitman HS 10, Uchicago 14
"... imagination acts upon man as really as does gravitation, and may kill him as certainly as a dose of prussic acid."-Sir James Frazer,The Golden Bough

http://avorticistking.wordpress.com/
No Rules Westbrook
Auron

Re: Byzantine history side tournament at CO

Post by No Rules Westbrook »

See my original CO post - stating that: The only thing side events I'm currently giving official sanction to are the history doubles and Will Nediger's literature event, which will have dibs on the two premier Sunday spots (history before literature).

Obviously, I have no power or wont to stop people from coalescing and playing some event as they will, but refer to the second post in the CO Thread for the "official schedule"
Ryan Westbrook, no affiliation whatsoever.

I am pure energy...and as ancient as the cosmos. Feeble creatures, GO!

Left here since birth...forgotten in the river of time...I've had an eternity to...ponder the meaning of things...and now I have an answer!