Auron

Jersey Shore Open - Mantoloking, NJ - August 8-9, 2011

Post by Great Bustard »

Final list of teams - Update August 6
1. Robert Pond, Ian Drayer, Will Schneider and Naib Mobassir
2. James Lasker, Marisol Brady, Hunter Book, maybe a fourth
3. Aaron Cohen, Gabe Johnson, Brian Smiley
4. Raynell Cooper, Joe Brosch, Drew Scheeler
5. NHBB team 1 (David Madden, Rohit Prakash, Alan Blayne, Nolwenn Leon)
6. NHBB team 2 (Greg Bossick, Brian McGuinness, Milt Hathaway, Will Mantell)
7. DCC crew (Connor Teevens, Chris Wolfe, David Ciccarelli)

Readers/Scorekeepers: Alec Johnsson, Bob Borders, Barbara Hathaway

Update 6/7: With two months out, here's the final distribution. Sign up people! It's quiz bowl at a house on the beach for crying out loud. So far, it's not looking like the house will be rented out for early August, which is a very good thing, though let me know if people would be cool with moving it back a day - that would work slightly better for me (meaning 8/9-8/10). As for the novelty tournaments, I'm commissioning four separate 75 tossup sets - these may or may not be used at the ACE camps - they will certainly be used at JSO: The Western Cannon (Euro military history 1500-1900), Vercingetorix's Revenge (Ancient History), Eastern Bloc Party (Eastern Europe and CIS geography) and Country Club Bowl (what it sounds like). I may see if we can mirror Chicago History Doubles and/or Hats Off too.

Distribution:
22 questions per packet
4 science (1 chem, 1 physics, 1 bio, 1 whatever)
4 lit (1 Brit, 1 American, 1 European, 1 world)
4 history (1 American, 1 Ancient, 1 Modern Euro, 1 your choice)
2 fine arts
2 religion, myth, philosophy,
1 Social sciences (i.e. econ, soc, anthro)
1 geography or linguistics
1 sports/trash
1 current events
2 your choice (don't have these be from the same category)

Notes: Don't write fewer than 475 or more than 625 characters a tossup! And keep the difficulty within the bounds of a standard undergrad-only college tournament! HSNCT difficulty works well. Is this a little social studies heavy? Probably, but, well, I run the National History Bowl and have a graduate degree in international relations so what did you expect?

Greetings all,
The National History Bee and Bowl is pleased to sponsor the first annual Jersey Shore Open on Monday, August 8 and Tuesday August 9 in Mantoloking, NJ. Anyone who has graduated from high school is welcome to attend, though space for now will be limited to the first forty people (including NHBB staff) who sign up (this may be expanded, but if so, then only to about 50, max). Coaches are especially welcome to attend. The inaugural JSO will feature the following unusual features:
-It will be held in a private home directly on the beach. Swim at your own risk.
-There are 6 single and 3 double beds available and two couches on which people can crash.
-There is enough space for up to about six tents to be pitched. Otherwise, I recommend you stay at one of the many nearby motels.
-There is enough parking for about eight cars. As the tournament is being held within two miles of New Jersey Transit’s Bay Head terminus on the North Jersey Coast Line, people are strongly encouraged to take public transport (note: some trains stopping at Newark Airport continue on to Bay Head, though a transfer at Long Branch is necessary)
-There are enough spaces we can use to have at least 5, likely 6 or 7 competition rooms.
-If you can only make it for either Monday or Tuesday, that’s fine of course. Just let me know. Also, please indicate to me if you’re interested in staying over on Monday night.
-For all who are coming or are thinking of it, the address for the tournament is:
1115 Ocean Avenue
Mantoloking, NJ

You can also take NJ Transit rail to Bay Head on the North Jersey Coast Line, and we'd be happy to come pick you up.

The schedule is as follows:

Monday
10am-2pm – NHBB staff meeting and lunch. NHBB staff and Board of Advisors only.
2pm-4pm Other competitors arrive, enjoy the beach, etc.
4pm-midnight – Team tournament (general focus, see below)

Tuesday
12am-3am – Late night tournament of some sort for diehards
3am – 10am Sleep
10:30am – 1pm Singles tournament with a history theme
1pm – 2pm Lunch, beach, barbecue
2pm – 5pm Fun/novelty tournaments for anyone interested
5:30 End

The team tournament will be the main event. Packet submission required. Standard 20/20, distribution forthcoming, but not history only in any case. As for difficulty, I’m thinking of something along the lines of a standard college undergrad tournament. Hence if you are the sort of person who is bored/frustrated by that level of difficulty, this may not be for you. The idea here is not for a summer tournament along the lines of Chicago Open difficulty, but one that talented high school seniors, high school coaches, and people who haven’t played competitively that much of late would still enjoy. If a bunch of people accustomed to playing Div I are indeed interested, let me know though too, and we can put something together with a higher difficulty level I’m sure.
I will see how many people are interested, and then devise some sort of coherent tournament format at that point. Likewise, given that this tournament is meant to be inclusive, I’m going to take a wait and see approach regarding any sort of rules on how teams are composed. Should we have a Div I and a Div II, a la ICT/ACF? Should we just allow people to register teams and go with whomever people want to play with? Have mixed teams (i.e. a limit to how many graduating high school seniors/undergrads/open players per team)? How should we coordinate this vis a vis packet submission? I can and will eventually lay down some groundrules, but I’d rather get some feedback before doing so, so as to make this tournament maximally appealing from a competition standpoint.
Anyways, this is a ways off, and there’s a ton that needs to be sifted through at this point, but I’m throwing this out there for discussion. Also, this tournament will have an entry fee of some sort, but the fee will be pretty minimal and will simply be there to cover costs of food, prizes, etc. – any extra $ from entry fees will be given out as prize $ to winners.
Anyone interested, please let me know, and I’ll keep a running tally of people planning on coming here. Track me down at HSNCT or NSC for more info/questions too. Hope you can make it!
Last edited by Great Bustard on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 21 times in total.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
Cheynem
Sin

Re: Jersey Shore Open - Mantoloking, NJ - August 8-9, 2011

Post by Cheynem »

If you wear a Snooki costume, I will come.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Susan
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Susan »

Cheynem wrote:If you wear a Snooki costume, I will be J-Woww.
Fixed that for you.
Susan
UChicago alum (AB 2003, PhD 2009)
Member emerita, ACF
Ondes Martenot
Tidus

Post by Ondes Martenot »

As bizarre as this sounds, I guess I'll put myself down as interested
Aaron Cohen, Bergen County Academies '08, RPI '12, NYU-???, NAQT writer, HSAPQ writer, PACE writer
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

I am obviously more of The Situation.

In all seriousness, is there a reason why this tournament is on a Monday/Tuesday schedule?
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Yes, to answer that last question, this is at my family's vacation house, as you can probably gather from the original post and they're pretty insistent on having it during the weekends in August (the house is rented out for all of July), otherwise that would be ideal, of course. And I'll be the first to admit this is all rather unconventional, but I think it can be a lot of fun and a way to add another event for the summer calendar. Anyway, if it seems like people aren't interested in having this be a two day event, we can definitely move up the timeframe and have the tournament just be on the one day or the other.
I'm trying to figure out a way into having Snooki be part of a neg prize. Thoughts?
David Madden
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad
Lightly Seared on the Reality Grill
Rikku

Post by Lightly Seared on the Reality Grill »

Some sort of Kings Park/Ward Melville/Stony Brook conglomerate may show up (this is me just throwing out what I'm hoping). I'm definitely interested, anyway.
nationalhistorybeeandbowl wrote:I'm trying to figure out a way into having Snooki be part of a neg prize. Thoughts?
The easy choice is her book.
Robert Pond
Kings Park '10
Stony Brook '14
University of Victoria '18
Anonymous wrote:naqt is much worse than plagiarism could ever hope to be
jonpin
Auron

Post by jonpin »

Cheynem wrote:I am obviously more of The Situation.

In all seriousness, is there a reason why this tournament is on a Monday/Tuesday schedule?
In addition to the above, you in no way want to try to get to the Jersey Shore on an August weekend. My CAPS LOCK lives about five miles down a state highway from the shore, and it can be about a half-hour trip plus 10-15 minutes to find parking.

On that note, this is close enough that I imagine I will probably try to do this, depending on my summer plans. I'd likely be able to provide transportation from the train station.
Jon Pinyan
Coach, Bergen County Academies (NJ); former player for BCA (2000-03) and WUSTL (2003-07)
HSQB forum mod, PACE member
Stat director for: NSC '13-'15, '17; ACF '14, '17, '19; NHBB '13-'15; NASAT '11

"A [...] wizard who controls the weather" - Jerry Vinokurov
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

rpond wrote:Some sort of Kings Park/Ward Melville/Stony Brook conglomerate may show up (this is me just throwing out what I'm hoping). I'm definitely interested, anyway.
I'd be interested in getting on this team if you'd take me. Awesome timing for me as it's right as my research is ending. I don't think I've ever played a tournament on the same team as any of the SB people/WM people.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
Broad-tailed Grassbird
Tidus

Post by Broad-tailed Grassbird »

Nalin
Scranton Middle School (2000-2003)
Brighton High School (2003-2007)
Michigan State University (2007-2011)
Semi-Retired (2012-present)
Judson Laipply
Rikku

Post by Judson Laipply »

Golran wrote:
rpond wrote:Some sort of Kings Park/Ward Melville/Stony Brook conglomerate may show up (this is me just throwing out what I'm hoping). I'm definitely interested, anyway.
I'd be interested in getting on this team if you'd take me. Awesome timing for me as it's right as my research is ending. I don't think I've ever played a tournament on the same team as any of the SB people/WM people.

If I can't find a Kellenberg Team and you can't find a KP/WM/SB team, then perhaps we could do a Long Island Team?
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

I'd definitely be interested... I'll start some writing... I can take care of the science for our packet.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
Rikku

Sure, that could work. I still have to ask a couple of people, though. I'll work on the fine arts and RMP at a time when I'm comfortable about schoolwork.
Robert Pond
Kings Park '10
Stony Brook '14
marnold
Tidus

Post by marnold »

Assuming I can find a team of amusing people to play with, I'm probably going to come to this. If you want to be one of those amusing people, let me know (NOTE: must be amusing).
Michael Arnold
Chicago 2010
Columbia Law 2013

2009 ACF Nats Champion
2010 ICT Champion
2010 CULT Champion
Member of Mike Cheyne's Quizbowl All-Heel Team

Fundamental Theorem of Quizbowl (Revised): Almost no one is actually good at quizbowl.
Judson Laipply
Rikku

Post by Judson Laipply »

An "Ex Kellenberg" team is beginning to materialize. Count us as interested, pending the date of course.
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20
Angry Babies in Love
Yuna

Post by Angry Babies in Love »

I sadly won't be 18 for this :(
Raynell Cooper
Arcadia ES '04
Richard Montgomery HS '11
George Washington University '15
University of Maryland, College Park '17
Hella things, National History Bee and Bowl
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Ok, rule change here. You can come if you're 17, I guess I just put 18 down thinking about liability issues. But it's not like there haven't been people under 18 at the house before. Bottom line: if you'll have graduated high school by the end of this school year and you'd like to play a fun summer tournament, you're welcome and I hope you can join us. Just remember for everyone that it is a private home and the future of the house as a tournament site is obviously going to be a function of it being left in good condition.
David Madden
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

I was being flippant about coming. While I guess there's the random chance I may come, I probably can't.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

Ondes Martenot
Tidus

Post by Ondes Martenot »

Unless something bizarre comes up I'd like to attend
Aaron Cohen, Bergen County Academies '08, RPI '12, NYU-???, NAQT writer, HSAPQ writer, PACE writer
Demonic Leftovers
Wakka

Post by Demonic Leftovers »

I have joined Marnold's team of amusing people.
TWO TIME NATIONAL CHAMPION David A. Seal, Esq.
QUINTUPLE CROWN WINNER: ICT/ICT/NHB/NHB/CULT
Coach of 2014 and 2015 ICT Champion UVA
University of Chicago '10
University of Virginia School of Law '13
Not Every Team Can Afford Me
Coattail Rider
Black-throated Antshrike
Rikku

Post by Black-throated Antshrike »

I'm game. Raynell wanna do a Mid-Atlantic graduating seniors team?
Joe
Delaware
Angry Babies in Love
Yuna

Post by Angry Babies in Love »

Andrew Jackson's Compatriot wrote:I'm game. Raynell wanna do a Mid-Atlantic graduating seniors team?
Haha sure I'll try to make it up there then if transportation allows.
Raynell Cooper
Arcadia ES '04
Richard Montgomery HS '11
George Washington University '15
University of Maryland, College Park '17
Hella things, National History Bee and Bowl
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

Can we get the distribution you're looking for? I started writing some of the science for our packet, just don't want to go outside the distro. Also, Robert and Will, can I get your e-mails that you use for Google Docs so I can add you to the packet? Also do we know our 4th yet, so I can add them as well?
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Sure. Unless there's major objections, let's go with the following:
(edit 6/7) Distribution:
22 questions per packet
4 science (1 chem, 1 physics, 1 bio, 1 whatever)
4 lit (1 Brit, 1 American, 1 European, 1 world)
4 history (1 American, 1 Ancient, 1 Modern Euro, 1 your choice)
2 fine arts
2 religion, myth, philosophy,
1 Social sciences (i.e. econ, soc, anthro)
1 geography or linguistics
1 sports/trash
1 current events
2 your choice (don't have these be from the same category)

Note: Don't write fewer than 475 or more than 625 characters a tossup! And keep the difficulty within the bounds of a standard undergrad-only college tournament! HSNCT difficulty works well.

Granted, that's a little more NAQT style than ACF, but as it's a summer tournament, I think that's somewhat appropriate. Also, while not required, any beach, New Jersey, summer, etc. oriented questions will be especially welcomed. Keep tossups reasonably short - say between 500-650 characters. Go ahead and power mark your questions. This tournament will be guerrilla style - I'm not looking to do any editing as I'd like to play myself, but I can probably send the submitted packets to a random person who won't be attending to edit at least for repeats. I'm asking for 21 questions, so that we can account for repeats at least a little with an extra question in each packet, though only 20 will be played in each game. Bonuses in standard format as well.
Last edited by Great Bustard on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Madden
Black-throated Antshrike
Rikku

nationalhistorybeeandbowl wrote: 1 trash
1 current events
1 your choice
can we consolidate these three into one and add one more to the major categories i.e. lit, history, science?
Joe
Delaware
Rikku

I'd rather you just do a standard ACF packet layout. There's no actual benefit to having more trash/CE, and I don't think 21 questions per packet is enough to guarantee a set of 20 question packets without duplicates.
Robert Pond
Kings Park '10
Stony Brook '14
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Just edited the distribution slightly. Now at 22 tossups per packet. Presumably I'll get someone to edit this who won't be playing, solely for the purpose of making sure that we don't have repeats in the answer lines, not for actual, like, real editing.
David Madden
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

Is there anyone that would be willing to do some editing and provide feedback for our packet once we get it done? As of now, we're about halfway done, and I'll probably do a bunch of work on it Monday after my finals end.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
Skepticism and Animal Feed
Auron

Post by Skepticism and Animal Feed »

I am tentatively announcing that I will play this on Michael Arnold's team, along with (possibly) a mystery teammate. To make an understatement, I am highly intrigued by the possibility of novelty tournaments dedicated to European military history and Eastern Europe.
Bruce
Harvard '10 / UChicago '07 / Roycemore School '04
ACF Member emeritus
My guide to using Wikipedia as a question source
Ondes Martenot
Tidus

Post by Ondes Martenot »

Just found that Jon Pinyan can't attend this so I'm looking for teammates. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested
Ondes Martenot
Tidus

Post by Ondes Martenot »

I may be joined by the elusive Doug Yetman. I'm still looking for 2 more teammates, and possibly a third depending on Doug's status. Any skill level is welcomed-email me at [email protected]
Yeah, that's a thing
Lulu

Post by Yeah, that's a thing »

I am expressing interest for myself and possibly others from DCC
Connor Teevens
Detroit Catholic Central '11
Michigan State University '15
Boeing X-20, Please!
Rikku

Post by Boeing X-20, Please! »

nationalhistorybeeandbowl wrote:Just edited the distribution slightly. Now at 22 tossups per packet. Presumably I'll get someone to edit this who won't be playing, solely for the purpose of making sure that we don't have repeats in the answer lines, not for actual, like, real editing.
If this is truly just like what you want instead of actual editing which obviously you'd need somebody far more qualified for, I could certainly offer up a chunk of my time to help out with this.
Nolan Winkler
Loyola Academy '12
UChicago '16
ryanrosenberg
Auron

Post by ryanrosenberg »

Secretary of Bobcats wrote:
nationalhistorybeeandbowl wrote:Just edited the distribution slightly. Now at 22 tossups per packet. Presumably I'll get someone to edit this who won't be playing, solely for the purpose of making sure that we don't have repeats in the answer lines, not for actual, like, real editing.
If this is truly just like what you want instead of actual editing which obviously you'd need somebody far more qualified for, I could certainly offer up a chunk of my time to help out with this.
Me too. Again, though, I am in no way qualified to do actual editing.
Ryan Rosenberg
North Carolina '16
ACF
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Thanks, Nolan and Ryan. You're both more than qualified for this, and I'll be in touch once I have the packets (this probably won't be until the end of July though). I imagine we'll probably have about 8-10 teams at the inaugural JSO. I'm thinking it might work well to do teams of three in order to make sure we have enough teams to make a small field size work. Of course, people are still welcome to sign up until, let's say, August 1. Can people let me know if Aug 8-9 or Aug 9-10 would be better? Right now this is still at Aug 8-9, but the 9-10 version would be slightly better for me. Either way, JSO is going to happen - the house is 99% certain not to be rented out, or so I've been told.
For those writing packets, remember that the difficulty I'm aiming for here is of a standard Div II (i.e. undergrad) college tournament, though if some questions seem on the easy or hard side of that, that's not a big deal at all.
David Madden
Judson Laipply
Rikku

Post by Judson Laipply »

nationalhistorybeeandbowl wrote:Thanks, Nolan and Ryan. You're both more than qualified for this, and I'll be in touch once I have the packets (this probably won't be until the end of July though). I imagine we'll probably have about 8-10 teams at the inaugural JSO. I'm thinking it might work well to do teams of three in order to make sure we have enough teams to make a small field size work. Of course, people are still welcome to sign up until, let's say, August 1. Can people let me know if Aug 8-9 or Aug 9-10 would be better? Right now this is still at Aug 8-9, but the 9-10 version would be slightly better for me. Either way, JSO is going to happen - the house is 99% certain not to be rented out, or so I've been told.
For those writing packets, remember that the difficulty I'm aiming for here is of a standard Div II (i.e. undergrad) college tournament, though if some questions seem on the easy or hard side of that, that's not a big deal at all.

Are there going to be +/- money deadlines for these packets?

And 9-10 works better for me, though I haven't consulted my team yet.
James L.
Kellenberg '10
UPenn '14
UChicago '20
Ondes Martenot
Tidus

Post by Ondes Martenot »

August 8/9 and 9/10 are both fine for me
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Re packets & money: No, there's no late fine, just write your questions on time, please. Also, I would like to do two things here - officially change the date to August 10-11 and put a cap on team members at 3 to make sure we hit my target of ten teams. If there is strong objection to either of these two points, please post here within the next few days (i.e. by Saturday). They're not set in stone yet, but I'd like to get there soon.
David Madden
Rikku

My (not all that significant) problem with it is that our team already had 4 players set up (our fourth, by the way, is Naib Mobassir, a former WM student going to SBU). By the way, since you're advocating not taking one's own car to this, do you know the best way to get from NYC to Mantoloking?
Robert Pond
Kings Park '10
Stony Brook '14
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Okay; I'll see where things stand regarding teams and put up a list of both teams and players and then we'll see what makes the most sense. As far as travel goes, you can certainly drive; I don't think we'll have that many cars, and if you're coming in a group of 4 that's going to be cheapest/most convenient. People can also take NJ Transit trains to Bay Head; one town north of Mantoloking, and I can easily come pick people up there - it's less than 5 minutes away.
David Madden
marnold
Tidus

Post by marnold »

If the date changes, I'm withdrawing.
Michael Arnold
Chicago 2010
Columbia Law 2013

2009 ACF Nats Champion
2010 ICT Champion
2010 CULT Champion
Member of Mike Cheyne's Quizbowl All-Heel Team

Fundamental Theorem of Quizbowl (Revised): Almost no one is actually good at quizbowl.
Skepticism and Animal Feed
Auron

Post by Skepticism and Animal Feed »

I am moving out of my apartment (and into a new one) on August 9, so I can't really make any of the proposed dates.

I hope that NHBB would be willing to mirror some of the side events at VCU Open. I'm sure many people would be interested in playing them there.
Bruce
Harvard '10 / UChicago '07 / Roycemore School '04
ACF Member emeritus
My guide to using Wikipedia as a question source
Ondes Martenot
Tidus

Post by Ondes Martenot »

If the new date is indeed August 10-11 then I would only be able to play the events on the 10th but would have to leave that night.
Cheynem
Sin

Post by Cheynem »

Yeah, I would especially be interested in playing the "history singles" if it can be finished before the end of the month for VCUO.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

Black-throated Antshrike
Rikku

I will have to withdraw if the date is moved to the 10th and 11th. As it stands, I would need to leave somewhat early on the 9 anyway.
Joe
Delaware
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Ok, we're going to stick with the original dates of August 8-9 after all. This is now set in stone, so anyone considering making travel reservations can plan accordingly. I'll have a final verdict on the 3 or 4 person team question later this week, but so far, all who have expressed interest in coming are more than welcome.
David Madden
Ondes Martenot
Tidus

Post by Ondes Martenot »

If it's August 8-9 I'm back on board for the full tournament. Still have no clue about my teammates. Maybe Yetman will join, maybe I'll play solo, maybe I'll find random people on the boardwalk and persuade them to play with me.
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Just an update here:
Teams will be allowed to have four members as I think some sets may already have four different authors, though I'm hoping we can have at least ten teams. Please don't wait until the last minute regarding your question sets! I know that much of this work will get done the first week of August, but please get your completed packets to me in attachment form asap. I won't look at the questions, but will forward them on to a couple people who have graciously offered to edit the set to ensure there are no repeats. Also, please keep me posted regarding your plans to attend. I will keep the list of teams updated as information comes in. Anyone who hasn't yet signed up - please let me know if you can make it. This is going to be a great event and I only hope the weather holds up.
David Madden
Golran
Auron

Post by Golran »

We're just missing our history and current events on our packet, hopefully we'll be done by the end of the weekend.
Drayer the Slayer
currently unaffiliated
Great Bustard
Auron

Post by Great Bustard »

Looking at the parameters for the set, I realized that it's not at all clear as to whether the sets are supposed to include bonuses. So, have people who have started their packets included bonuses or not so far? If not, would it be a big deal to include them as well? Right now, we're looking at 9 teams, so eight matches over nine rounds with a bye when your packet is played. If there are no bonuses, this will all go quite quickly. So, I'd like to include them, but if people would seem inconvenienced by this, let me know. Sorry for the confusion, here.
David Madden