Best in Georgia

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.

Overall, who was the best team in Georgia this year?

Brookwood
34%
Walton
7%
Milton
17%
Parkview
3%
Central Macon
17%
Heritage (insanely fast when we played them)
21%

Total votes: 29

ChopinManiac
Lulu

Best in Georgia

Post by ChopinManiac »

Well, i guess the truth is that the only reason in starting this thread is because im jealous of all of the other states in the southeast having a poll, but not Georgia. So anyways, im just wondering now that state and the "regular" season is over, who do you think is the top team in Georgia and who else deserves to be put up there. Also, who is going to rock the house next year.

-Chopin
SPIRITdrummer6
Lulu

Post by SPIRITdrummer6 »

We didn't have the chance to play central macon at Savannah Country Day, but we did play Milton. They are the ones who beat us in the finals. They were pretty quick to the buzzer and really cleaned up on the PLEASE MAKE FUN OF ME BECAUSE I SPEAK NEITHER LATIN NOR ENGLISH.
Gerard Massey
Capt. of TCHS Quizbowl Team
ihatenicksaban
Lulu

Post by ihatenicksaban »

I voted for Walton because they beat us the only time we played and they won the 5-A state division. I would have to say that the rest of the teams listed are in a relative dead heat especially when you compare overall records and head-to-head matchups.
NoahMinkCHS
Rikku

Post by NoahMinkCHS »

Agree with Joey about the "dead heat" thing, though when we played Walton they were rather unimpressive (0-2 vs. us). However, winning 5-A states has to count for something. We're 1-1 with Brookwood, though we're 0-1 in tournaments with decent questions and working buzzers... so I guess I'm voting for them. Have not played Heritage, though.

Nor have we played Milton, who I really would like to play, since they've done so well this year. Will y'all be doing any nationals?
ChopinManiac
Lulu

Post by ChopinManiac »

Srry Noah, Milton will not be playing at any of the national tournaments because of trips to China. One of our two best players could not make it and another of the team was going to get back from Rome the day before it started so we decided not to go this year. Next year however will hopefully be a dofferent story. I dont know how we never got to play you guys throughout the year, but hopefully we will see each other next year.

-Chopin
quizbowlmike
Lulu

Post by quizbowlmike »

We beat Walton at UF fall. They were rather unimpressive when we played them.

We also beat Heritage at Brookwood. They were fast on the buzzers but didnt have quite as much depth.

We lost to Central at Brookwood. They were fast on the buzzers and had good depth. It would be nice to play them on NAQT questions though.

We lost to Milton at Dorman in the semifinals. They were an extremely knowledgeble team and very polite.

We have no played Brookwood or Parkview this year.

My vote went to Milton, but I really wish I could have voted for both Milton and Central-Macon. They are both very solid teams and it's a shame they didnt have a chance to play this year.