New Tournament Specific Discussion Fora

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
millionwaves
Auron

New Tournament Specific Discussion Fora

Post by millionwaves »

Hello, everyone,

Beginning with Penn Bowl this weekend, the hsquizbowl.org forums will be introducing new, tournament specific discussion forums in the collegiate section. These forums will be visible only to those who have already played the set, and will be invisible to everyone who must not read discussion of a set because they must remain blind to play a mirror held on a later date.

Of course, this process will not be automatic. For each tournament set that requires a hidden discussion forum, one administrator will be placed in charge of clearing people to see it (for Penn Bowl weekend, that admin will be me; my e-mail is [email protected]). You must e-mail that admin and include at minimum your name, board username, team affiliation, and the site at which you played the tournament so that we can verify that you're no longer required to remain blind.

This should be a great step forward for us. Our goal in choosing to pursue this policy is both to take advantage of recent memories of questions to provide better feedback and to provide more immediate feedback for tournament editors so that they can make changes for future tournament sites.

We're very excited to offer this service on a trial basis in the college section only. Pending demand and the availability of administrative resources, we may choose to expand this service to include the high school section too.
Trygve Meade
Illinois, ACF

Above the Star-Apple Kingdom
millionwaves
Auron

Re: New Collegiate Tournament Specific Discussion Fora

Post by millionwaves »

There are two things that I should clarify from the first post.

First, if you don't need to be blind to a set because you're not planning on playing it anyway, you are eligible to access the forum for that set.

Second, if it's ever proven that you use these forums to cheat in any capacity, you will receive a non-negotiable permanent ban.
Trygve Meade
Illinois, ACF

Above the Star-Apple Kingdom