Changes to the forums: starting tomorrow!

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
millionwaves
Auron

Changes to the forums: starting tomorrow!

Post by millionwaves »

Hey everyone,

As you may have read, I will be taking over the forums beginning at midnight tonight. The forums will be experiencing some changes starting then, and I expect everything to be sorted out for good by Wednesday. There won't be any loss of service, but you can expect to see:
  • Changes in the forum moderation/administration staff
    Changes in the forum technical staff
    Reorganization of the (sub)forums
    Brand new forums
    and, perhaps, an entirely new section of the boards, but that's something that's going to have to wait for a little while longer.

Stay tuned to this thread for more details: I'll be posting as I accomplish things.

Finally, I'd like to say thank you to Fred, who for some reason thought I'd be good at this. I'm well aware that I've got huge shoes to fill, and I hope that I'll do half as well as you.
Trygve Meade
Illinois, ACF

Above the Star-Apple Kingdom
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: Changes to the forums: starting tomorrow!

Post by AKKOLADE »

I want to take this opportunity to say thanks to Trygve, for agreeing to succeed me in this role. I look forward to his work on the forums and am certain he'll do a wonderful job.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
millionwaves
Auron

Post by millionwaves »

For anyone keeping track, the power transfer is now official. If you have any questions about forum policy or anything, you may e-mail me at [email protected].
Trygve Meade
Illinois, ACF

millionwaves
Auron

Post by millionwaves »

I've written new forum rules, which supersede the old ones. You can view the new rules here!

Thanks very much to all the members of the board staff (and especially the community!) who helped me go through the rules and consolidate and tweak them.
Trygve Meade
Illinois, ACF