The initial field cap will be 36 teams, with likely expansion, dependent on the number of staffers and buzzers we have available. Teams are restricted to six players each; please break up any larger teams into two or more teams. There is no limit to the number of teams that can come from any single school. We heavily urge all teams attending to bring buzzers and staffers.
All teams of students from the same school are eligible to play in this event. JV eligibility at this tournament will be the same as at Cal Cup: players who have competed at NAQT HSNCT or PACE NSC must receive special permission from the tournament director if they wish to play in JV. We reserve the right to ask any team to play in varsity if we feel it is best for them.
Rounds should go from 9:00 until approximately 5:30, followed by an awards ceremony. More detailed logistical information will be sent to teams in the week before the tournament. Please do not plan to leave early without telling us beforehand.
- base fee: $80 per team
- –$5 for second or subsequent team from the same school
- –$10 new team discount (for each team composed entirely of students that have not competed at a pyramidal quiz bowl tournament prior to the 2016–17 school year)
- –$10 per working buzzer (please do not bring buzzers that are not in good working condition)
- –$15 per experienced moderator
- –$5 per inexperienced staffer
- –$5 per 75 miles traveled one way (per team)
To register: please fill out this form by Wednesday, March 22.
Registered teams will be provided with more detailed information before the tournament. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me (Jonchee Kao, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Chris Fleitas (email@example.com). Any volunteer staffers not affiliated with a registered team are warmly welcome and should contact us as well. We hope to see your team there!