2016 Glasgow Scottie Invitational

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Scottietodd
Wakka

2016 Glasgow Scottie Invitational

Post by Scottietodd »

Hello everyone,

I would like to officially announce that the 2016 Glasgow Scottie Invitational will be held at Glasgow High School in Glasgow, Kentucky on Saturday, August 27th, 2016. Like last year we will be using a house write from the Ohio Academic Conference (OAC) that will be reworked for our tournament by David Jones and Northmont High. Each round will consist of 20 toss-ups followed by a 3-part bonus that will bounce back. We will seek Pace affiliation and expect to be a Gold or Platinum tournament depending on the number of teams and the format.

The tournament will consist of pool play in the morning rounds followed by a regrouping or playoff format that will be determined by the number of teams entered. Each team will be guaranteed 8 to 10 games depending again on the final format based on enrollment. Our initial cap for teams will be at 30 teams and we will limit schools to 2 teams to begin with since this tournament filled up amazingly fast last year.

Back by popular demand will be the taco themed hospitality room and the soft drink station as well as the Subway option for your team so that you as coaches are able to enjoy the taco bar. I have recently met with Greg at Subway and he has given me a new box lunch form that will make things super easy for coaches.

The fee is $70 per team and further details will be provided at your request by emailing me at [email protected]. We hope to have another great tournament. See you soon!
Todd Garrison
Glasgow High School
Coach - 2012 to present