Sacramento Spring Tournament (April 16)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
njsbling
Rikku

Sacramento Spring Tournament (April 16)

Post by njsbling »

NCQBA and Rio Americano HS are pleased to announce that the Sacramento Spring HS Tournament will be held on Saturday, April 16, 2016. We will have separate JV and Varsity divisions for this tournament. The field cap is 16 teams. We are reserving 5 spots in the JV field for teams that have never played Quiz Bowl before until 1 week prior to the start of the tournament.

Location: This tournament will take place at Rio Americano HS, Sacramento, California. Registration will begin at 9:00AM and we hope to start round 1 at 9:30AM.

Questions: We will be using NAQT IS-154 for Varsity and NAQT IS-155A for JV.

Eligibility: All high schools (public, private, charter, religious, homeschool, etc.) are eligible to play in this event.

Schools are encouraged to enter multiple teams, but please note that participants must play for the same team throughout the tournament.

Fees:

Base fee: $65 per team

-$35 for schools that played zero quiz bowl tournaments during the 2014-2015 school year (per school)

-$10 second and subsequent team(s) from the same school (for non-new schools)

-$10 per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)

-$10 per scorekeeper (We will hold a brief training session during check-in for volunteers who have never kept score before.)

-$15 per experienced moderator

Minimum Entry Fee: $0 per team

Payment (cash or check) will be taken at check-in on April 16. Please make checks out to Rio Americano HS.

How to register: Please fill out this google form, on or before Wednesday, April 13, 2016, indicating how many teams, buzzers, and staff your school plans to bring:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oDWi7F ... M/viewform

Field as of 4/13 (11):

Varsity (5):
Davis (2)
Folsom (1)
Monte Vista (1)
Rio Americano (1)

JV (6):
Churchill (1)
Folsom (1)
Davis (2)
Pleasant Valley (1)
Vanden (1)
Last edited by njsbling on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:22 am, edited 13 times in total.
Nicholas Karas
Atlanta, Georgia
Member, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
californiacupquizbowl (at) gmail (dot) com
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Sacramento Spring Tournament (April 16)

Post by Important Bird Area »

njsbling wrote:Questions: We will be using an NAQT IS set for Varsity and an NAQT IS-A set for JV.
These will be IS #154 for varsity and IS #155A for jv.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Sacramento Spring Tournament (April 16)

Post by Important Bird Area »

Congratulations to Davis A, who went undefeated to win the varsity title at the 2016 Sacramento Spring Tournament! Churchill Middle School defeated Davis C in the second game of an advantaged final to claim the JV title.

Complete team and individual statistics are available here.

Thanks to TD Nicholas Karas, our host Gary Blenner of Rio Americano, and all of the moderators who made this tournament possible!
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred