Matthew Hayes Invitational at UL Lafayette (11/14/15)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Matthew Hayes Invitational at UL Lafayette (11/14/15)

Post by The Ununtiable Twine »

Greetings!

The UL Lafayette Vermilion Classic (soon to be rebranded as the Matthew Hayes Invitational) will be held on the campus of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette on Saturday, November 14, 2015. The tournament will start at 9:00 AM. This tournament will probably, although not definitively, take place in H.L. Griffin Hall. This set will use NAQT IS 145-A.

Fee structure:

$60 for one team, $55 for the second team, $50 per subsequent team as the field size permits
-$5 per functioning buzzer system, limit two discounts (although we encourage you to bring more functioning systems)
-$5 per 100 miles travelled one way, calculated by Google maps
-$10 per competent moderator, to be approved by me
Minimum fee: $40 per team

Field cap:

Currently 12 as a very conservative estimate. This will almost certainly go up by a bit.

Directions to Griffin Hall:
From I-10: take the Louisiana Ave. exit towards the University of Louisiana campus. Louisiana Ave. becomes Johnston St. after a couple of miles. Continue down Johnston St. about a mile until St. Mary Blvd., and take a left. Rex St. is the next street, take a right onto it. H.L. Griffin is at the end of the street.

You can contact me at husbandofsamus at gmail dot com to register. As I am able to extend the team cap I will allow for more than two teams per school to register. If your school would like to register more than two teams, I will be happy to put your school down on a wait list.
Last edited by The Ununtiable Twine on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Re: Vermilion Classic at UL Lafayette (11/14/15)

Field (12, finalized) [teams/buzzers/staffers]:
Notre Dame (Crowley) [1/0/0] *pd
LSMSA [1/1/0]
ESA [2/0/0]
Ascension Episcopal [1/2/0] *pd
LSU Lab [1/0/0]
Zachary [2/0/0]
West Monroe [1/1/0]
Buckeye [1/0/0] *pd
Dutchtown [1/1/0]
Baton Rouge Magnet [1/?/?]

Staff:

Dominic Lloyd
Nick Rosato II
Jake Sundberg
Thomas Credeur
Aurore Hamilton
Lelia Saucier
Billy Benezech
Last edited by The Ununtiable Twine on Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
LaceyBaeeee12
Kimahri

Re: Matthew Hayes Invitational at UL Lafayette (11/14/15)

Post by LaceyBaeeee12 »

We are interested in registering for the Matthew Hayes Invitational quiz bowl tournament. Please contact us ASAP so our school, Buckeye High School, can register for this event!
Lacey Hoosier
Buckeye High School
The Ununtiable Twine
Auron

Congratulations to ESA A for going 11-0 to win the tournament! Baton Rouge Magnet went 10-1 to finish 2nd and University Lab went 9-2 to finish 3rd. Stats can be found below:

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... ats/final/
Jake Sundberg
Louisiana, Alabama
retired
kitakule
Wakka

Post by kitakule »

I'd like to take the opportunity to congratulate my high school on winning their first ever NAQT tournament! I'd also like to extend a special congratulations to our top scorer, Sam Hebert, and our outstanding freshman, Andreas Atwi. These two will be threats to be reckoned with at LAAC and NAQT state this year!
Moses Kitakule
ESA '15
Yale '19
Columbia '28 (???)