HELP WANTED: 2015 JROTC National Academic Bowl Championship

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Byko
Yuna

HELP WANTED: 2015 JROTC National Academic Bowl Championship

Post by Byko »

(moderators, please edit or move as appropriate)

Hi everyone,

Since 2007, I have been in charge of the nearly annual JROTC National Academic Bowl Championship, which has been held in late June in the Washington, DC metro area. We have over 40 teams across the country (and often world) that compete as champions of their service and then crown an overall joint service champion. Teams qualify by going through two rounds of online, non-buzzer competition. For almost all of these teams, this event is their first time in any sort of buzzer competition; nevertheless, teams generally get adjusted very quickly and overall perform quite well for their first time competing in such a competition.

We are looking for a few more people (at least 3 or 4) to help as moderators for competition this coming Saturday, June 27, at Catholic University.

The game format is a four quarters style with nearly all of the questions for the event written by NAQT. Question distribution is a variant of NAQT's standard distribution with 100% academic content.

We would ask that moderators be at Catholic by 8:30 am. We will be done on Saturday by 4:30-5:00 pm. Lunch will be provided free of charge, and we will also pay $75 per person (payable by check by mail from the organizers of the event, College Options Foundation). As this is a paid, professional event where high ranking military personnel are often in attendance, proper decorum and attire (coat and tie or suit for men, appropriate equivalent for women) is absolutely mandatory.

If you are in (or willing to drive to) the Washington, DC area and interested and available to help, please contact me as soon as possible by email at [email protected]. I will be able to email you tonight with further details regarding where to go on campus, where to park, etc.

We're looking forward to another great event and would greatly appreciate your help!
Dave Bykowski
Furman '00
Michigan '02
PACE 1998-2009
Director, JROTC National Academic Bowl Championship