NAQT North Florida State Championships @ UF

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
TaylorH
Wakka

NAQT North Florida State Championships @ UF

Post by TaylorH »

University of Florida Quiz Bowl is happy to announce the 2015 NAQT North Florida State Championships on April 4th 2015 on the University of Florida Campus in Gainesville, Florida. The tournament is open to any high school teams in the state of Florida. We will be conducting the tournament in accordance to the NAQT rules (http://www.naqt.com/rules.html) with the exception that our matches will not be timed.

Fees are as follows:
$60 for the first team
$40 for each additional team
-$10 per experienced moderator (limit two per school)
-$5 for a working buzzer system (limit three per school)

The tournament format depends on the number of teams that sign up, but we will be capped at 18 teams. Exact building and start time is TBA, that information will be emailed to all teams signed up closer to the date of. Register below.

Registration Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11UGwP8 ... =send_form
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF
University of Florida B.S. Nuclear Engineering '17
University of Florida Ph.D. Nuclear Engineering '21
2021 ACF Nationals Champion
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: NAQT North Florida State Championships @ UF

Post by Important Bird Area »

TaylorH wrote:The tournament is open to any high school teams in the state of Florida.
Exception: those teams that played our south Florida championship have already heard the set.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
MSchnippert
Lulu

Post by MSchnippert »

We've been waiting for quite a while since the hosts were released for you guys finally to release some information. We've had it on our calendar, but were about to give up on attending since we're running out of time to be able to get approval for our students to attend. My co-coach said he'd even tried to contact you from the email on NAQT's site, but hadn't heard anything back. The start time is rather important, as Gainesville is rather distant from points in the Panhandle. Do you have an approximate time you think you're planning to start and how late you're planning for the tournament to go? We're not interested in dealing with staying overnight but my students are still looking for one last tournament for the year.
Matt Schnippert
Brain Bowl Coach
Maclay School
Tallahassee, FL
TaylorH
Wakka

Post by TaylorH »

We will plan on starting registration at 9 AM with play starting at 9:30. Finish time depend on number of teams that come and thus the number of rounds we play, but I will say tentatively we will be finished around 6 PM. We are sorry about the late information as we had some logistical difficulties in hosting.
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF
University of Florida B.S. Nuclear Engineering '17
University of Florida Ph.D. Nuclear Engineering '21
2021 ACF Nationals Champion
MSchnippert
Lulu

Post by MSchnippert »

I registered our teams (with my co-coach's name as he'll be the one attending). The form didn't have a space for readers, but he's able to read for the tournament and can bring 2 buzzer sets (or more if you need them).

Thanks!
Matt Schnippert
Brain Bowl Coach
Maclay School
Tallahassee, FL