The rebirth of an Iowa circuit...

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
CometsCoach
Lulu

The rebirth of an Iowa circuit...

Post by CometsCoach »

Yesterday, I received the exciting news that my principal is giving me the go-ahead to establish a quiz bowl team at Waukee (IA) High School. I'm most excited about this development, as you can imagine. If there are others in the state, and even specifically in the Des Moines/Ames area, please contact me if you are interested in forming a quiz bowl circuit.

If you are a high school student, your best bet would be to secure a faculty sponsor first and have that person contact me as well.

Additionally, Waukee will be playing host to the 2014 Iowa History Bee & Bowl. A formal date and announcement in a separate thread is coming.
Jay Winter
Iowa Quiz Bowl League Founder & CEO
VP for Outreach, PACE
Mathematics Teacher & Quiz Bowl Head Coach, Waukee Northwest High School (IA)
Co-Owner of Quiz Bowl Systems/Slammer Systems
Great Bustard
Auron

Re: The rebirth of an Iowa circuit...

Post by Great Bustard »

The 2015 Central Iowa History Bee and Bowl will indeed be at Waukee on March 21. Likely on C Set, but there's a chance it will move to A. We'll also have another Eastern Iowa tournament at Pleasant Valley in Bettendorf (likely on A Set, but if Waukee moves to A, this will go to C). We're doing a mailer to 200 Iowa schools to support these events, so hopefully that will bring in a few new schools here and there.
David Madden
Ridgewood (NJ) '99, Princeton '03
Founder and Director: International History Bee and Bowl, National History Bee and Bowl (High School Division), International History Olympiad, United States Geography Olympiad, US History Bee, US Academic Bee and Bowl, National Humanities Bee, National Science Bee, International Academic Bowl.
Adviser and former head coach for Team USA at the International Geography Olympiad