2015 Marauder Invitational - Feb 28, 2015 in Tallahassee, FL

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
MSchnippert
Lulu

2015 Marauder Invitational - Feb 28, 2015 in Tallahassee, FL

Post by MSchnippert »

Coaches,

A more robust announcement with a registration link will be forthcoming but Maclay School will be holding our annual Marauder Invitational Brain Bowl Tournament February 28 on our school’s campus in Tallahassee, FL. It was impossible to find a date that would not conflict with something, so this appears to be our best option.

We are planning on holding a separate competition for both Varsity and Junior Varsity/Middle School teams. The Varsity competition will feature NAQT Invitational Series Questions while the Junior Varsity competition will use NAQT Introductory Invitational Series Questions (or A-Level questions). For this tournament, junior varsity players must be students in grades 6-10. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to seeing you February 28!

Matt
Matt Schnippert
Brain Bowl Coach
Maclay School
Tallahassee, FL
MSchnippert
Lulu

Re: 2015 Marauder Invitational - Feb 28, 2015 in Tallahassee

Post by MSchnippert »

I have posted the registration form now. It is available at http://tinyurl.com/MaclayQuizBowl2015.

I hope to see you and your teams there!
Matt Schnippert
Brain Bowl Coach
Maclay School
Tallahassee, FL
MSchnippert
Lulu

Re: 2015 Marauder Invitational - Feb 28, 2015 in Tallahassee

Post by MSchnippert »

Coaches,

The 2015 Maclay Invitational Brain Bowl Tournament is only four weeks away! At this point, we already have 18 teams in the varsity division and 6-8 in the JV division. I'm planning on capping participation at 32 teams total with 24 teams in the varsity division and 8 teams in the JV (though I may expand the JV division if needed to match demand). We've got the following teams registered or committed to attend:

Varsity:
Thomas County Central [Thomasville, GA]
Suwannee [Lake City]
Chiles (2)
Leon (2)
Hardee [Wauchula]
Lincoln (2)
Chain of Lakes [Winter Haven]
Northview (2) [Dothan, AL]
Rickards
Wakulla* (2) [Crawfordville]
Pensacola*
John Paul II*
Maclay (1 or 2)

JV (players in grade 6-10 only):
Hardee
Oak Hall [Gainesville]
Leon
Pensacola*
Swift Creek MS (1 or 2)
Maclay MS (1 or 2)*

If I have something missing or wrong in the list, please let me know. The starred teams have told me that they're coming but still need to officially register to secure their spot.

If you haven't registered yet, please visit our registration form at http://tinyurl.com/MaclayQuizBowl2015. Regardless of numbers, registration will close on February 21.

Thanks!
Matt Schnippert
Brain Bowl Coach
Maclay School
Tallahassee, FL